Understanding good USE (Through Study of Human Anatomy and Human Physiology)

1 view

sraj

5:43 AM (9 hours ago) 5:43 AM
to AlexTech Mail List
Hello List,
Better tools are being continuously developed to study Human Anatomy (and Human Physiology). These tools can also be used to  broaden our understanding of USE.

The study of Human Anatomy (and Human Physiology) has ancient roots, which now dovetails into our technological age post 1900. Pre 1900 history of our ancestors' attempt to understand the Human Body is in many ways hilarious, since there were strict social sanctions to preserve the sanctity of the human being. Researchers had to adopt stealth to achieve their ends.

Post 1900, many tools have been developed to better understand the Anatomy (and Physiology) of the Human Body. Starting with X Ray machines based on the discovery of X ray by Wilhelm Roentgen in 1895. Then came CT scan machines and MRI machines. (On 28 August,1980, the first clinically useful image of a tumor in a patient was obtained using a MRI machine) ........

..... Using modern tools, researchers are discovering secrets of the hugely complex human body which we would never have suspected before. What F.M. seems to have intuitively guessed - the deep connection of mind and body - can now be put on a more scientific footing.

In this connection these three YouTube Videos by Sam Webster which I accessed recently, look interesting.

Introduction to the gastrointestinal tract (anatomy) (9 months ago)

Hiatus hernia anatomy (3 years ago)

Enteric nervous system (4 months ago)

Regards,
Selvaraj

P.S.
1) BODY WORLDS (HISTORY OF ANATOMY)
After the principles of human macroscopic anatomy—the study of dissected organs—is established. The field of anatomy becomes more specialized, and the microscopic anatomical realm opened up to anatomical scholarship.

The public interest in anatomy does not wane for several centuries. It is not until the 19th century, when anatomy becomes a science, that the public is excluded from witnessing dissections.

The BODY WORLDS exhibitions succeed in reviving a culture of public anatomy, inspiring millions of people to take an interest in anatomy.

2) The study of anatomy in England from 1700 to the early 20th century

3) THE VISIBLE HUMAN PROJECT (Wikipedia)

The Visible Human Project is an effort to create a detailed data set of cross-sectional photographs of the human body, in order to facilitate anatomy visualization applications. It is used as a tool for the progression of medical findings, in which these findings link anatomy to its audiences.[1] A male and a female cadaver were cut into thin slices, which were then photographed and digitized. The project is run by the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) under the direction of Michael J. Ackerman. Planning began in 1986;[2] the data set of the male was completed in November 1994 and the one of the female in November 1995. The project can be viewed today at the NLM in Bethesda, Maryland.[3] There are currently efforts to repeat this project with higher resolution images but only with parts of the body instead of a cadaver.

4) PRIMAL PICTURES
Revolutionizing the Exploration of the Human Body.
Powering Anatomy.tv, Primal Pictures is the only complete and medically accurate digital human 3D model based on real body scans and imaging data. For more than 30 years, our pioneering and award-winning software has been used by millions of educators, students and practitioners in over 1,500 institutions across more than 150 countries.