A thing of beauty ....

sraj

Jun 7, 2023, 7:40:59 AM6/7/23
to AlexTech Mail List

Hello List,

A  couple of weeks back, I spied a little  girl at the Nagercoil Town railway station  (could be about two years old, most likely from North India) viewing a cellphone in perfect comfort ….. the cellphone was on the ground and she was kneeling over it, with feet in plantarflexion. I don’t think she was sitting on her heels 2:26 / 3:06; I think the thighs were vertical. Quite clearly her body balance was so good that the eyeballs were effortlessly looking down. (I doubt that had the child been a boy he would have been able to do this - with multiple tight elastic clothing messing up the functioning of the stomach muscles.)

sraj

Jul 10, 2023, 11:39:27 AM7/10/23
to AlexTech Mail List
Something new:

Hello LIst,
For the last 4.5 years I have been on a particular track. Now it appears that the time has come to experiment with something new.

....... Yes it has something to do with plantarflexion of the feet. Children we may have observed are fully comfortable in their body balance if they are not encumbered with external constraints. Children who are barefoot will very naturally shift to plantarflexed position of the feet when required. When children are so comfortable, why should adults be so uncomfortable in the use of their bodies? It is time to come to the simple conclusion that adults are doing things that are fundamentally wrong. (This is not to suggest that adults can match children in the facility with which they can balance their bodies.)

..... So my project now is to figure out how plantarflexion of the feet links muscular movement over the length of the body.
Regards,
Selvaraj