David from Eqcuador

Chris Tsao

Mar 8, 2011, 12:50:28 PM3/8/11
to AlexBennettProgram
A couple years ago, Lynn Sanuels said he typed stuff on her site that
was even racist for her, so she banned him from the show. I remember
once four-ish years ago, he called up, he told her he saw her at Home
Depot over the weekend, she scolded him for not saying Hello. They
used to yuck it up all the time, and they talked politics a little,
usually not. I think he uses the nickname David from Eqcuador because
they're both from an area of Queens where there's a lot of Hispanics,
she used to keep saying she lives in Eqcuador before him. He's one of
the most interesting callers I'd say.

Tom Yamaguchi

Mar 8, 2011, 8:24:58 PM3/8/11
to AlexBennettProgram
I appreciate his service to the community, but he doe seem to have a
problem with people who do not speak English. He even identifies
himself as an "asshole" so that indicates he is aware of the
contradiction. As with all callers, we are only getting his side of
the story, so we don't know if his behavior at the bank was causing
enough of a disruption to have an employee to take him aside. For all
the tellers speaking Spanish, it seems he had no problem getting
service in English. His calls are interesting, but I would rather
listen to Michael in San Diego.

Chris Tsao

Mar 9, 2011, 6:10:50 AM3/9/11
to AlexBennettProgram
On Mar 8, 8:24 pm, Tom Yamaguchi <tomyamagu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I appreciate his service to the community, but he doe seem to have a
> problem with people who do not speak English. He even identifies
> himself as an "asshole" so that indicates he is aware of the
> contradiction. As with all callers, we are only getting his side of
> the story, so we don't know if his behavior at the bank was causing
> enough of a disruption to have an employee to take him aside. For all
> the tellers speaking Spanish, it seems he had no problem getting
> service in English. His calls are interesting, but I would rather
> listen to Michael in San Diego.

Oh right, I just automatically assumed he was typing bad things about
black people, it's Spanish people I'm sure. Judging by his telephone
calls, it was Spanish people who have a language barrier with him.

Tom Yamaguchi

Mar 9, 2011, 11:38:41 AM3/9/11
to AlexBennettProgram
I do not remember hearing him talk about blacks during that phone
call. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. On second thought,
he is not that interesting as a caller. I thank him for his service to
the homeless, but I do get tired of him after a few minutes on the
air.

Chris Tsao

Mar 9, 2011, 12:59:37 PM3/9/11
to AlexBennettProgram
He never talked about blacks as far as I know. What I meant is that
when Lynn Samuels mentioned a few times on her radio show that he
wrote racist comments in her web site that it never occurred to me
that the comments were about Hispanics and not blacks.