There were two censored verses of This Land Was Made For You And Me

Chris Tsao

Aug 3, 2011, 10:49:44 AM8/3/11
to AlexBennettProgram
According to at least two people in YouTube's User Comments, there
were two censored versions.
One wasn't in any version I've heard, the other, the last line was
slightly reworded (That side was made for you and me).

In the shadow of the steeple I saw my people,

By the relief office I seen my people;

As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking

Is this land made for you and me?

There was a big wall there that tried to stop me

Sign was painted, it said private property

But on the other side it didn't say nothing,

That side was made for you and me.

Chris Tsao

Aug 9, 2011, 1:50:54 PM8/9/11
to AlexBennettProgram
Since he was from Oklahoma this verse below could be a reference to
the people in The Grapes of Wrath who lost their farms?

Chris Tsao

Aug 9, 2011, 1:56:50 PM8/9/11
to AlexBennettProgram
or food that's gone to waste

david carridene made a movie about him, i saw it in the theatres when
it came out, that's how i learned about unions as a little kid
> > Is this land made for you and me?- Hide quoted text -

Chris Tsao

Aug 9, 2011, 1:59:09 PM8/9/11
to AlexBennettProgram

On Aug 9, 1:56 pm, Chris Tsao <rigida7...@aol.com> wrote: