Call for volunteers -- Bike Rodeo on Sunday April 24, noon to 2

Sett 3 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Eldon Boes

ulest,
15. apr. 2022, 15:51:1715.04.2022
til BPAC, Alexandria Spokeswomen and BPAC, Ellen Eggerton, Casey Kane, Joe Davison, Kristin M. Donley, Jane E. Davis, Ken Notis, Zack DesJardins, Mary-Jane Roth, Josephine Liu, Meter, Erin
Hello, everyone. BPAC and the City of Alexandria are sponsoring a Bike Rodeo as part of our Earth Month activities.  We'll need lots of volunteers for this event so I'm reaching out to folks with connections to BPAC and Alexandria Spokeswomen.  If you don't know what a Bike Rodeo is, I'll be happy to provide more details, but basically it's a fun event where youth get to practice riding and safety skills while having fun working their way through a series of bicycling stations such as practicing signalling or riding through a slalom.

The BR will run from noon to 2 pm.  It will be held in the small park that lies south of the main Ben Brenman Park, across Backlick Run. Access is via a footbridge located just south of the traffic circle/baseball field on the south side of the main park.  So, we'll have to lug all our gear some distance from the nearest auto drop off areas.

Set up will start at 11:30 am. .

Please  let me know as soon as you can if you are able to help, and think about recruiting and bringing friends as well.  I will be providing background information and instructions, but, please know that volunteers really don't need to learn much in advance.

As our list of volunteers is determined, I'll be sending out further information.

FYI, we are circulating announcements of this Bike Rodeo through ACPS schools, but please feel free to share the attached flyer to anyone or any entity that might be able to spread the word.

Thank you, and any questions are welcome, of course.
Eldon Boes

--
Eldon Boes
Alexandria VA