Dirmapping in AbcImport Maya plugin

Szabolcs

Apr 12, 2021, 3:28:41 PM4/12/21
to alembic-discussion
Hi,

The Maya API dirmapping support in the Maya plugin to switch between different file locations (OS, network storage, dir tree etc.) is a bit limited. The AlembicImportFileTranslator class does have the setResolveMethod set, but the abcFilenames path array and the legacy single-filename input in the AlembicNode are both missing dirmapping support. It results in opening the same scene file on different OS-es using dirmapping to relocate the file paths fail.

Would it be possible to enable these for the final 1.8.0 version? We'd been patching these limitations for a few versions now, but it would be great having it properly fixed. I can send a simple git patch file with the changes updated to 1.8.0 beta if that helps.

Cheers,
Szabolcs

Lucas Miller

Apr 12, 2021, 4:01:36 PM4/12/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Yes please, a pull request would be very useful.

Lucas