Building OpenEXR for Alembic

Ryan Trowbridge

Aug 26, 2021, 7:35:51 PM8/26/21
to alembic-discussion
I am new to the group, so hello everyone!

I have been working out the details to build Alembic with cmake on windows and have run into a few issues.

First these are the versions I am using:

alembic-1.7.16
openexr-2.4.3
zlib-1.2.8

First I build zlib which doesnt give me any errors.

cd %TEMP_ZLIB_PATH%\build
cmake --build . --config Debug
cmake --build . --config Release
cmake --build . --config RelWithDebInfo

Next I build IlmBase:

cd %TEMP_ILMBASE_PATH%
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="%TEMP_ILMBASE_PATH%\deploy" ^
-G "Visual Studio 16 2019" ^
-A x64 ^
 ..\ilmbase

setlocal
del /f CMakeCache.txt
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="..\deploy" -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A x64 ..\ilmbase
cmake --build . --config Release
cmake --build . --config RelWithDebInfo
cmake --build . --config Debug
cmake --build . --target INSTALL

When it finishes at this point I have this:

symlinks.PNG

The .dll files are symlink's that point to nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ryan

Lucas Miller

Aug 27, 2021, 10:47:31 AM8/27/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Do you have hard requirements on:

alembic-1.7.16
openexr-2.4.3

I haven't built Ilmbase on Windows in a long time, but have good recent success building with Imath 3 and Alembic 1.8

Lucas