Creating geometry cache from a series of meshes

Tech Tree

Apr 14, 2022, 1:05:50 AM4/14/22
to alembic-discussion
Hello, Im working on some VFX for a game being made in UE5 and Blender. For some of the VFX I've created handmade water and fire simulations where each frame of the simulation is a single mesh, each with varying vertex/face counts.

Is it possible to take that series of meshes and export them out as a geometry cache in a software like blender using Alembic? If anyone could point me in the right direction in regards to how to accomplish something like that I would really appreciate it or if anyone is willing to make a simple python script Id happily pay for it.

Dorian Fevrier

Apr 14, 2022, 11:03:58 AM4/14/22
to alembic-discussion
Hello,