Alembic 1.8.0 has been released

Lucas Miller

Apr 17, 2021, 1:50:22 PM4/17/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com, alembic-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to your feedback and issues we have a few bug fixes and enhancements.

You can get it here:

https://github.com/alembic/alembic/releases/tag/1.8.0

API:

We are dropping support for the ancient TR1 and expect the compilers
to at least support C++std11, we currently default to C++std14.
Because we now assume at least C++std11, we can remove
ALEMBIC_LIB_USES_TR1 and ALEMBIC_LIB_USES_BOOST and we instead expect
the std versions of things like shared_ptr. (Issue 312)

Ogawa:

Better support emscripten and ARM toolchains by using memcpy to avoid
dereferencing non-aligned pointers. (PR 332)

Python:

Support building python3, and make it the default, to build the
bindings against python2 use: -DUSE_PYALEMBIC=ON
-DPYALEMBIC_PYTHON_MAJOR=2

Switch from nonzero to bool for the python3 bindings. (Issue 273)

Workaround the testCollections crash. (Issue 274)

Make the unit tests python 2 and python 3 compatible. (Issue 276)

Rework the python testing framework so they can be run from CMake. (Issue 278)

Switch from next to next for the python3 bindings. (Issue 279)

Utils:

AbcStitcher:

Propagate MetaData from the first of our ordered input archives over
to the stitched output. (PR 324)

CMake:

Update the minimum requirement to 3.13

Overhaul to support the recently released Imath 3.
(https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/Imath)

Fix for using Alembic as a 3rd party with Imath 3. (Issue 337)

Use Boost_VERSION_MACRO instead of Boost_VERSION. (PR 338)

Lucas