PyAlembic on CentOS 7

Nicholas Yue

Nov 9, 2022, 1:00:54 AM11/9/22
to alembic-discussion
Hi,

  Which version combination of Python-3.9/Alembic, Boost and Imath/OpenEXR would build and run best with least issue on CentOS7

  I am currently building with the following an has been unable to import alembic

```
>>> import imath
>>> import alembic
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: No Python class registered for C++ class PyImath::FixedArray<bool>
```

  I am building with GCC 9 toolset:

  Alembic 1.8.3
  Boost 1.76.0
  Imath 3.1.5
  Python 3.9.6

Cheers

Lucas Miller

Nov 9, 2022, 12:14:10 PM11/9/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
That combination works for me.

Is the imath you imported coming from the correct 3.1.5 python bindings?  And were those built against the same boost and python?

Lucas

Nicholas Yue

Nov 10, 2022, 12:25:49 AM11/10/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Fixed. My bad.

ALEMBIC_ILMBASE_LINK_STATIC cannot be ON since we are dealing with PyImath