How to set target_metadata programatically?

Nikola Radovanovic

Jan 4, 2021, 6:27:44 AM1/4/21
to alembic-discussion
Hi,
I would like to create set of thin wrappers on top of the alembic since we need some customization. So first thing for me to solve is how to set target_metadata programatically. What I realized by reading documentation and code is that I need something like:

alembic_cfg = Config("alembic.ini")
alembic_cfg.set_main_option("sqlalchemy.url", "postgres://user:pass@localhost/testdb")
script = ScriptDirectory.from_config(alembic_cfg)

engine = create_engine(config.db_uri)
with engine.connect() as connection:
    env_ctx = EnvironmentContext(config=alembic_cfg, script=script)
    env_ctx.configure(connection=connection, target_metadata=Base.metadata)
    ctx = env_ctx.get_context()

Next, I want to call revision with autogenerate set to True, but I am not sure how?

Thank you in advance.

Kindest regards

Lucas Miller

Jan 4, 2021, 11:55:49 AM1/4/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Wrong project, please try:
https://www.sqlalchemy.org/develop.html

Have a nice day,

Lucas

Nikola Radovanovic

Jan 5, 2021, 10:56:08 AM1/5/21
to alembic-discussion
OK,
I will but tbf everything I wanted to know is how to use/customize Alembic API.

Kindest regards

Sybren A. Stüvel

Jan 5, 2021, 12:44:37 PM1/5/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com

There are two projects, both named Alembic. The one you know deals with databases. The one you're mailing to deals with the exchange of 3D models & animation in digital film productions. Really, this list can't help you beyond the info you've already gotten.

Sybren

Nikola Radovanovic

Jan 5, 2021, 4:11:44 PM1/5/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com