Latest Houdini Alembic reader ?

Nicholas Yue

Oct 14, 2020, 1:06:04 PM10/14/20
to alembic-discussion
Hi,

  Is this the latest open source Houdini alembic importer

  Just checking to make sure I didn't miss another repo that has a newer/complete version.

Cheers
--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - Arnold, Alembic, RenderMan, OpenGL, HDF5

Lucas Miller

Oct 14, 2020, 1:18:03 PM10/14/20
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Check out what SideFX releases for Houdini, I believe their version
has more features.

I'm unsure if they made the source for it publicly available, but I
think they include the source with their releases.

Lucas

Nicholas Yue

Oct 14, 2020, 1:26:54 PM10/14/20
to alembic-discussion
I just checked the distribution, there is no Alembic reader/loader source code in their HDK that I can see.

Cheers

Jim Price

Oct 14, 2020, 7:05:36 PM10/14/20
to alembic-discussion

Nicholas Yue

Oct 14, 2020, 7:19:53 PM10/14/20
to alembic-discussion
Thank you Jim. It even has the NURBS and TrimCurve information I was after.

Cheers