AttributeError: 'OCurvesSchema' object has no attribute 'setTimeSampling"

Eric Gervais-Despres

Jun 7, 2022, 9:50:31 PM6/7/22
to alembic-discussion
I am using alembic ver 1.8.0 to copy some curves.

However, when I want to set the timeSampling, I get an error (which to me doesn't make sense to me because it works for other types, such as xform, mesh, etc...)
---
in_ts = in_schema.getTimeSampling()
out_ts = self.copyTimeSampling(in_ts)
out_crv.getSchema().setTimeSampling(out_ts)

###
AttributeError: 'OCurvesSchema' object has no attribute 'setTimeSampling"
###
---
Is this normal that the OCurvesSchema doesn't accept setting the time sampling?

Thanks.

Lucas Miller

Jun 7, 2022, 9:59:37 PM6/7/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
This looks like it was accidentally left out of the python bindings, the constructor for OCurves might take it though.

Lucas

Eric Gervais-Despres

Jun 7, 2022, 10:35:07 PM6/7/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Lucas for the quick reply!

I'm not sure I understand.
You mean like:
---
out_crv = OCurves(out_parent, in_obj.getName())
out_crv.setTimeSampling(out_ts)
---
?
It gives me this:
###
AttributeError: 'OCurves' object has no attribute 'setTimeSampling"
###

Lucas Miller

Jun 8, 2022, 12:30:08 PM6/8/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
Like this:

out_crv = OCurves(out_parent, in_obj.getName(), out_ts)