Re: [alembic-discussion] External symbole not resoved when using IFactory

Lucas Miller

May 16, 2022, 12:15:54 PM5/16/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the code you are writing has trouble finding the HDF5 library?
If you turn HDF5 off, does the rest of it work, or do you hit a new issue with something like Imath?

Lucas

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:52 AM jiang fan <jiangfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to use this example to load .abc file : https://github.com/alembic/alembic/blob/master/bin/AbcLs/AbcLs.cpp

Everything was alright until I  put :  AbcF::IFactory factory (line 738) into my code.

My alembic library is compiled successfully with :
cmake -DALEMBIC_SHARED_LIBS=OFF -DUSE_HDF5=ON -DImath_DIR:PATH="D:\dev\vcpkg\vcpkg\installed\x64-windows\share\imath" -G "Visual Studio 16 2019"  ..

Could someone tell me what's wrong here? thanks.

Alembic.PNG

jiang fan

May 16, 2022, 1:08:41 PM5/16/22
to alembic-discussion
Hello, yes it's because of the  HDF5 library,   I've turned it off and I didn't have the problem anymore, thanks.

But I got another problem after this.
I'm currently writing a .dll with alembic.
Before  put :  AbcF::IFactory factory (line 738)   into my code(which generate the .dll),  I can compile the .dll  and use it without problem (for now  the .dll just does some std::cout, nothing more),
After that,  my .dll compiles(the .dll is generated and it is located at the same place), but my prgramme says it can't find the .dll.

It is quite strange that by adding the line 738, my .dll is kind of "broken".
Any idea what's wrong here?

Thanks

Fan

Lucas Miller

May 16, 2022, 1:12:03 PM5/16/22
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
If the dll is in a non-standard area I often have to add it's location to PATH on Windows.

Lucas