Comparison Operator for ICompoundProperty

Maxime

Feb 2, 2021, 5:26:00 AM2/2/21
to alembic-discussion
Hi,

When trying to compile the library (latest 1.7.16) on Windows, I had some errors:
- I had to change the `CreateFile` into `CreateFileA` in IStreams.cpp (l 448) in order for it to accept const char * from the std::string argument (instead of const wchar_t * for LPCWSTR)
- I had to simplify the ALEMBIC_OPERATOR_BOOL macro into
explicit operator bool() const { return ( PASS_COND ); }
and adding a static_cast<bool> in the OGeomParam.h in Sample::valid (I compile in post c++11 so I have the explicit keyword)

And the last one I cannot think I can fix right now is about the ParameterEntry::operator== in MaterialFlatten.h; which looks for an operator == for two ICompoundProperty, and it cannot find it.

Would you have any idea on how to fix this ?

Thanks
Maxime

Lucas Miller

Feb 2, 2021, 11:50:09 AM2/2/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com
What compiler are you using, and what CMake flags are you passing in?

Lucas

Maxime

Feb 2, 2021, 12:14:02 PM2/2/21
to alembic-discussion
I am using msvc compiler from Visual Studio 2019 (that would be msvc 14.xxx ? ); compilation in C++14.
And for flags, do you mean Alembic related?
I set these before including the CMakeLists to build the library
set(USE_HDF5 OFF)
set(USE_TESTS OFF)
set(LIB_TYPE STATIC)

I integrated just the sources in lib/Alembic in the project.

Maxime