Alembic 1.8.0 beta has been released.

Lucas Miller

Apr 3, 2021, 3:10:32 PM4/3/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com, alembic-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to your feedback and issues we have a few bug fixes and enhancements.
If no major issues are found, we plan on promoting this to 1.8.0 after
a week or so.

You can grab it here:
https://github.com/alembic/alembic/releases/tag/1.8.0_beta

API:

We are dropping support for the ancient TR1 and expect the compilers to at
least support C++std11, we currently default to C++std14. Because we now
assume at least C++std11, we can remove ALEMBIC_LIB_USES_TR1 and
ALEMBIC_LIB_USES_BOOST and we instead expect the std versions of things like
shared_ptr. (Issue 312)

Python:

Support building python3, and make it the default, to build the bindings
against python2 use: -DUSE_PYALEMBIC=ON -DPYALEMBIC_PYTHON_MAJOR=2

Switch from __nonzero__ to __bool__ for the python3 bindings. (Issue 273)

Workaround the testCollections crash. (Issue 274)

Make the unit tests python 2 and python 3 compatible. (Issue 276)

Rework the python testing framework so they can be run from CMake. (Issue 278)

Switch from next to __next__ for the python3 bindings. (Issue 279)

CMake:

Update the minimum requirement to 3.13

Overhaul to support the recently released Imath 3.
(https://github.com/AcademySoftwareFoundation/Imath)

Lucas

Lucas Miller

Apr 6, 2021, 9:36:39 PM4/6/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com, alembic-...@googlegroups.com
Based on the feedback from 1.8.0_beta, I've added:

Fix for using Alembic as a 3rd party with Imath 3. (Issue 337)

You can grab it here:
https://github.com/alembic/alembic/releases/tag/1.8.0_beta2

Lucas

Lucas Miller

Apr 12, 2021, 1:28:06 PM4/12/21
to alembic-d...@googlegroups.com, alembic-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to your feedback we have pushed out 1.8.0 beta 3 a bug fix and
mentioning a couple of enhancements that were in the previous betas,
but not yet mentioned.

CMake:
Use Boost_VERSION_MACRO instead of Boost_VERSION. (PR 338)

Ogawa:
Better support emscripten and ARM toolchains by using memcpy to avoid
dereferencing non-aligned pointers. (PR 332)

AbcStitcher:
Propagate MetaData from the first of our ordered input archives over to the
stitched output. (PR 324)

You can grab it here:

https://github.com/alembic/alembic/releases/tag/1.8.0_beta3