Version number

Ralf Hemmecke

Jan 30, 2017, 5:06:08 PM1/30/17
to aldor-devel
Hi Peter, hi Pippijn,

it's not urgent since I can distinguish my compilers by the git sha1,
but wouldn't it make sense to increasing the version numbers and make
new releases of the Aldor compiler?

You both have worked quite a lot on aldor and I think it would be only
fair to give that new thing a version number > 1.2.0 and thus make an
official release.

What do you think?

Ralf

Peter Broadbery

Feb 1, 2017, 3:23:52 PM2/1/17
to Ralf Hemmecke, aldor-devel
Probably would be worthwhile as there are a some small changes to the language & library.

That said, we should wait a couple of weeks as there may be some porting issues and bugfixes against the current PR.