fricas+aldor

Ralf Hemmecke

Feb 24, 2015, 1:21:54 PM2/24/15
to aldor-devel, Peter Broadbery
Hi Peter,

do you have by chance any idea, why this is going wrong?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fricas-devel/Q1QNzmPxojo

Maybe a hint would be good, how I can debug this?

Thanks
Ralf

Peter Broadbery

Feb 24, 2015, 4:50:38 PM2/24/15
to Ralf Hemmecke, aldor-devel, Peter Broadbery
I suspect that it's due to the return type (Void)..IIRC aldor deals
with this by returning an empty Tuple.. Fix is to modify hashCode.boot
someplace..

I can't test this quickly, but it might work to do:
EQL(retCode, $VoidHash) => hashCombine(32236, hash)
hashCombine(retCode, hashCombine(32236,hash))

replacing lines 58&59. This is totally untested as I don't have a
working (or up-to-date) fricas build at the moment.

Peter

Peter Broadbery

Feb 25, 2015, 7:02:33 AM2/25/15
to Ralf Hemmecke, Peter Broadbery, aldor...@googlegroups.com

Looks to work ok..

Ralf Hemmecke

Feb 25, 2015, 7:07:13 AM2/25/15
to Peter Broadbery, aldor...@googlegroups.com
> Looks to work ok..

Yes. I could actually already have confirmed that last night, but it was
too late.

Didn't first work by just changing hashCode.boot. But after
recompilation FriCAS+libaxiom.al from scratch. It is seemingly doing the
right thing.

Thanks a lot.

I'll try to get it into FriCAS soon.

Ralf