UofA Open Education Symposium 2021 (Mar 1-5)

Krysta McNutt

Dec 8, 2020, 5:58:36 PM12/8/20
to Alberta OER Community of Practice
Hello Everyone,

I'm writing to share that we (CTL at UofA) have started planning an "Open Education Symposium" during OE week (March 1 - 5, 2021).

Is anyone interested in 1-2 conversations in Jan and Feb to collaborate on planning and sharing OE week sessions?

In addition to the categories we list in the showcase series CFP, we aim to touch on topics such as values, open pedagogy/practices, advocacy, teaching innovation, OER publishing, and K-12. I would love to see CFPs from other institutions, or suggestions for speakers and topics. Please feel welcome to submit or share!

Call for Proposals: Open Education Showcase 2021

Do you teach with open educational resources (OER)? Have you created OER that is ready to be adapted by other instructors? Do you embody the values of open education with your class? Does your teaching directly engage or benefit the community or industry of practice? We want to showcase your work in CTL’s first Open Education Symposium! Propose your showcase session, here. Showcase sessions will be brief: 10-15 minute presentations with Q&A.

About the OE Symposium: The Centre for Teaching and Learning will be celebrating Open Education Week (March 1 - 5, 2021) by hosting our first Open Education Symposium. This online week of celebration will be open to all and includes sessions specifically for instructors, librarians, educational developers, instructional designers, and students. Watch the CTL Newsletter for more updates on this exciting event in 2021.

I plan to send a few updates out as I plan in case it is helpful for others in planning OE Week (or if you simply want to use what we do!).

Wishing you all a safe holiday.

Krysta