These may be difficult for PA targeted parents to read, let alone
consider but I am posting as potential standards for AP's and AC's.
They may not realize how well-functioning families work and it may
provide a behaviour template. Detailed discussions found at link
1. Resolve conflicts without putting kids in the middle.
2. Treat the other parent with respect.
3. Observe appropriate boundaries.
4. Communicate regularly with the other parent.
5. Demonstrate positive conflict resolution.
6. Share with your co-parent what you need from him or her to do a
good job of parenting
7. Don’t allow all of the parenting tasks to fall to one parent.
8. Be consistent.
9. Help your children recognize the other parent with appropriate
gifts or cards.
10. Don’t punish your in-laws by keeping your kids from them after a
Source by Lynn Nelson, Public Education Director, Institute on Race
and Poverty, University of Minnesota published in Minnesota Parent,