Alec BALDWIN book triggers avalanche of "PAS Press"

Christopher JONES

Sep 30, 2008, 7:09:10 PM9/30/08
to ALBERTA PAAO
Official recognition of PAS is an issue that has been brewing for some
time and recently resurfaced - explosively - as a result of the
release of Alec BALDWIN's book "A Promise to Ourselves" in which he
details his 7yr custody battle over daughter Ireland with ex-wife (and
actress) Kim BASINGER.

In the Spring of 2008 a US Child Custody Case in California got
attention because the judge agreed with counsel that because PAS was
NOT in the "official" American Psychiatric Association DSM-IV (aka
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - 4th Edition
1994) the case was thrown out of court. 1

I have done some research on this issue2 and on balance I believe PAS
continues to gain ground in professional practice. But there is a
growing opposition3 to declaring PAS by feminist groups who believe it
is merely a ploy abusive fathers use to remove mothers from their
children. Given the success of feminist to obscure female DV issues
this are threats that women and men - but men in particular - must
treat with concern.

Here is video of Glenn Sacks interview A
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://
www.youtube.com/v/QFZd8dxzZyg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://
www.youtube.com/v/QFZd8dxzZyg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true"
width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and Interview B
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://
www.youtube.com/v/PlpBTld4oNY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://
www.youtube.com/v/PlpBTld4oNY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true"
width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Footnotes:
1) According to Wikipedia DSM-V is expected to be published on May
2012. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_and_Statistical_Manual_of_Mental_Disorders).

However it is disturbing that I found the Wikipedia entry on PAS to
have been "intellectually" defaced over the last 6mths from when I
first referred to it and it is now under REVIEW. The "defacement"
indicates that a early proponent of PAS - psychologist Dr. Richard
GARDNER advocated Pedophilia! (along with a number of other un-
appetizing perversions). However there were no other professional
references - even though many other professional psychiatrists have
studied PAS. (http://www.amyjlbaker.com/ and http://www.warshak.com/
come to mind.)

2) The Rogerson v. Tessaro Parental Alienation Case (http://
glennsacks.com/blog/?p=52)
FACT Ontario - Info about PAS 9http://www.fact.on.ca/Info/
info_pas.htm)
Turn down initiative on child custody - Bismark ND (
http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/10/08/news/opinion/editorials/doc4528005b74af7626065620.txt)

3) http://www.examiner.com/x-589-Parenting-Examiner~y2008m9d25-Abuse-Story-Follow-Up