Canyon Trail. Optimism denied.

Michael Ricks

Aug 1, 2021, 11:47:09 AM8/1/21
to AlbanyUltimate
Baseball at CV.

John Heck

Aug 1, 2021, 12:14:49 PM8/1/21
to Michael Ricks, AlbanyUltimate
I may be on the paranoid side, but I'll probably take a couple weeks off due to the delta variant, until this curve starts to show signs of turning... Don't want to take chances with unvaxed kids.

Can't wait to get out there again!
image.png

Ben Weinstein

Aug 1, 2021, 12:28:14 PM8/1/21
to Michael Ricks, John Heck, AlbanyUltimate
The CDC reports 112 per 100k for Alameda county.  What is your graph measuring?

ben

John Heck

Aug 1, 2021, 12:32:47 PM8/1/21
to Ben Weinstein, Michael Ricks, AlbanyUltimate
It's case positivity rate from Berkeley's dashboard https://www.cityofberkeley.info/covid19-data/
Was down below 2 for many months, now spiking to pre-vaccine levels and I'm not seeing any levelling off...

112 per 100k is huge for case positivity rate, what are you referring to?

Noah Bernhardt

Aug 2, 2021, 5:15:55 PM8/2/21
to John Heck, Michael Ricks, AlbanyUltimate
Figured we'd need to have this conversation in the next week or two. I doubt CA is more than a month away from another lockdown.

Michael Ricks

Aug 3, 2021, 10:56:31 AM8/3/21
to AlbanyUltimate
While John definitely has something to worry about with unvaccinated kids at home, if you are not in that situation (i.e. around unvaccinated people that you care about), there is not too much to worry about from playing Ultimate outside.   You should be masking up indoors (the only place that I had stopped masking indoors was work and we went back to masks on Friday).  Outside should be no problem.  YMMV but that is my take on it based on the data that I've seen.  Let's discuss further.

Later,
Ranger