AID RPI/Troy/Albany, NY invites you to the 5th Annual Summer Cricket Tournament 2013 Aug. 10 & 11

prahalad r

Jul 18, 2013, 6:34:37 AM7/18/13
to alban...@googlegroups.com

Hi Folks, Please forward this announcement to all your friends.

AID RPI/Troy/Albany, NY invites you to the 5th Annual Summer Cricket Tournament 2013 - Play for India (an 8-a-side tennis ball cricket tournament)

When : Saturday & Sunday, Aug 10 and 11, 2013
Where : Harkness and Renwyck Fields, RPI, Troy NY
We are looking for teams of 8 players. Registration fee is $160 per team ($20/person) ($120 for Student teams, $15/person). Gatorade will be provided at the fields. We encourage you to register early and someone will pick up the registration fee from you before the tournament. The moneys raised will directly go to fund grass roots projects supported by AID - RPI/Troy/Albany. For information on projects supported by AID Troy/Albany, NY 2012-2013 visit http://aidindia.union.rpi.edu/funded.html

Format of the tournament (knock-out versus league, etc.) will be determined depending on number of entries received.

Register as a team or as an individual NOW !! .

REGISTRATION DEADLINE : Thursday, August 1st, 6 pm.
To register and for more information:
visit - http://aidindia.union.rpi.edu/aidcricket/summer13
email - aid...@gmail.com
phone  - 518-629-5924

Please forward this email to your friends, and family and help us publicize this event.

~~~~~~~~

The tournament will serve as a general body meeting (GBM) as well for our chapter. If you have any questions about AID - Troy/Albany, NY or the projects we support please, contact our volunteers during the event. Our funds raised via the cricket tournaments are also being supplemented by generous donations of 200$ and 250$ per month from two donors in the area. If you or someone you know would like to make a monthly contribution, please contact Prahalad, cazb...@gmail.com.

DISCLAIMER: ASSOCIATION FOR INDIA'S DEVELOPMENT (AID), RPI-TROY CHAPTER, IS NOT RESPONSIBLE
FOR ANY INJURY TO ANY PERSON SUFFERED WHILE PLAYING, PRACTICING OR IN ANY OTHER WAY INVOLVED
IN THE 3RD ANNUAL CRICKET TOURNAMENT FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART
OF THE PARTICIPANTS, VOLUNTEERS, OR SPECTATORS OF THE PREMISES AND ALL OTHERS WHO ARE INVOLVED.

Having stated the above the volunteers of AID would also like to state that in the case of any unfortunate event or accident we will take every effort to see to it that utmost attention is given to the situation at hand. In our experience with hard tennis ball cricket tournaments we have encountered hardly any incident that has created any discomfort to any participant.

Hope to see everyone having fun weekend of 10th August, 2013.
About AID
^^^^^^^^^
Association for India's Development (AID) is a non-profit
group working towards social change in India, through grassroots
development projects. We work in a wide range of areas including
health, education, women's empowerment, microfinance, and rural
development. For more information visit www.aidindia.org.

AID Inc is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our tax-id
is 04-3652609. To obtain a copy of the current financial statement
please write to: AID, P.O. Box "F", College Park, MD 20741-3005.

Cricket-Summer-2013-Flyer.jpg