Fwd: [Health] Respond to the wrongful arrest of Madhuri

prahalad r

May 17, 2013, 11:23:37 AM5/17/13
to alban...@googlegroups.com
From: Somnath Mukherji <mukherji...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Subject: [Health] Respond to the wrongful arrest of Madhuri
To: sathice...@googlegroups.com, "aid-boston-...@googlegroups.com" <aid-boston-...@googlegroups.com>, "camp...@lists.aidindia.org" <camp...@lists.aidindia.org>, hea...@lists.aidindia.org
Cc: Asti Bhatt <asti...@gmail.com>, Pooja Parameswaran <pooja.par...@gmail.com>, Keerthana Krishnan <keerthana...@gmail.com>, maha ramamurthy <zz....@gmail.com>

Let us know if you are able to call or email

A) Background

AID has been working with SATHI-CEHAT for over a decade. SATHI works with a peoples’ movement Jagrit Adivasi Dalit Sangathan in Barwani district of MP. SATHI works with the people to make the public health system effective and accountable.

Yesterday, Madhuriben an activist with JADS was peacefully protesting in front of a Primary Health Care Center against the denial of service to a tribal mother who was forced to deliver outside in public view.

B) Action

Call and email the District Magistrate of Barwani Sri Shukla

Mobile: 9425790303   Residence: 011-91- 7290-224002   Office:  011-91-7290-224001

Email:  dmba...@nic.in

C)Talking points:

1)      I am, concerned that Madhuri has been arrested in Barwani while protesting peacefully against the denial of health services to a tribal mother

2)      Such peaceful democratic protest against an inhuman act is not illegal. In fact that is the only thing that can uphold democracy.

3)     I register my strong protest at the arrest. This has also happened in the past.

4)     I urge you to bring to justice the errant health officials who refused to give medical services to the mother in need.

D) Sign Petition to Release Madhuri

E) News articles

http://www.indiaresists.com/social-activist-madhuri-ben-arrested-in-mp/

Times of India article