Fwd: AID Troy/Albany, NY invites you to the 6th Annual Summer Cricket Tournament 2014

Girish Malladi

May 20, 2014, 7:33:28 PM5/20/14
to Albany_ISO
Hi Folks, Please forward this announcement to all your friends.

AID RPI/Troy/Albany, NY invites you to the 6th Annual Summer Cricket Tournament 2014 - Play for India (an 8-a-side hard tennis ball cricket tournament)

When : Saturday & Sunday, June 21 and 22, 2014
Where : Harkness and Renwyck Fields, RPI, Troy NY

Join us for 2 days of non-stop cricket and fun, while contributing to a great cause. All proceeds from the event will go towards funding grassroots development projects in India.

We are looking for teams of 8 players. Registration fee is $200 per team ($25/person) ($120 for Student teams, $15/person). We encourage you to register early and someone will pick up the registration fee from you before the tournament. The moneys raised will directly go to fund grass roots projects supported by AID - RPI/Troy/Albany. For information on projects supported by AID Troy/Albany, NY 2012-2013 visit http://aidindia.union.rpi.edu/funded.html

Captains are requested to nominate two players from their respective teams to help us out in umpiring and scoring. Please identify these players when you send us the team list during registration, before June 15th.

Gatorade will be provided at the fields. Please bring your own water bottles/containers so that we may avoid wastage of use and throw cups.

Format of the tournament (knock-out versus league, etc.) will be determined depending on number of entries received.

Register as a team or as an individual NOW !! .

REGISTRATION DEADLINE : Sunday, June 15th, 6 pm.
To register and for more information:
phone  - 518-629-5924

RPI is a non-smoking campus. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.

Please forward this email to your friends, and family and help us publicize this event.

~~~~~~~~

The tournament will serve as a general body meeting (GBM) as well for our chapter. If you have any questions about AID - Troy/Albany, NY or the projects we support please, contact our volunteers during the event. If you or someone you know would like to make a monthly contribution (20$, 50$, 100$, etc.), please contact Prahalad, cazb...@gmail.com.

DISCLAIMER: RPI or ASSOCIATION FOR INDIA'S DEVELOPMENT (AID), RPI-TROY CHAPTER, IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY TO ANY PERSON SUFFERED WHILE PLAYING, PRACTICING OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, IN THE CRICKET TOURNAMENT FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE PARTICIPANTS, VOLUNTEERS, OR SPECTATORS ON THE PREMISES AND ALL OTHERS WHO ARE INVOLVED.

Having stated the above, the volunteers of AID would also like to state that in the case of any unfortunate event or accident we will take every effort to see to it that utmost attention is given to the situation at hand. In our experience with hard tennis ball cricket tournaments we have rarely encountered any incidents that has created any major discomfort to any participant.

Hope to see everyone having fun weekend of 21st June, 2014.
About AID
^^^^^^^^^
Association for India's Development (AID) is a non-profit
group working towards social change in India, through grassroots
development projects. We work in a wide range of areas including
health, education, women's empowerment, microfinance, and rural
development. For more information visit www.aidindia.org.

AID Inc is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our tax-id
is 04-3652609. To obtain a copy of the current financial statement
please write to: AID, P.O. Box "F", College Park, MD 20741-3005.

2014SummerCricketFlyer-01.jpg