Fwd: AID Troy/Albany, NY invites you to meet Selva Ganapathy for a discussion on the Quality of Children's Education in India

prahalad r

Jun 13, 2014, 2:58:11 PM6/13/14
to alban...@googlegroups.com
Please forward this announcement to all who may be interested.

AID Troy/Albany, NY invites you to meet Selva Ganapathy for a discussion on the Quality of Children's Education in India.

Where: Mothers Lounge, RPI Union, 15th Street, Troy, NY RPI
When: June 24th, 6:30 pm.
RSVP: Email: aid...@gmail.com Phone: 518-629-5924

Refreshments (Free food/snacks :-0)) will be served.

Directions

Information about Selva Ganapathy, Volunteer & Intern Coordinator Eureka Child Program.

Selva Ganapathy works with IIT Madras, Chemical Engineering Dept, as a Technical Superindentent & has been volunteering with AID Chennai in developing their flagship education initiative, Eureka Child Program, since 2004. He has been instrumental in coordinating a lot of volunteers to contribute their time in our programs and also have mobilized a lot of people to adopt Eureka SuperKidz villages. Selva also organizes Eureka Run every year to raise funds as well as awareness about Eureka Programs.
The following is the abstract on Advocacy for Quality Education talk which he may talk during his visit to US.

More info on Eureka Child on www.eurekachild.org

*****Abstract on Advocacy for Quality Education******

The Eureka team in Tamilnadu has been working for the past many years towards ensuring quality education for all children. Recently, we have launched a campaign titled "Every Child Can" to advocate for the cause of quality education among various stakeholders in education. College students, people from various NGOs, working professionals and volunteers from different backgrounds have started participating in this campaign. The first step in the campaign is a "learning audit" (similar to a social audit conducted by groups like MKSS) conducted by volunteers in the community and sharing the results using simple language that they can understand.

In this presentation, we will talk about learning audits carried out in more than 150 villages as part of the Every Child Can campaign, how it has empowered poor parents and community members and the next steps in taking the campaign to a larger group of people.

--

Selva has previously volunteered with AID Delhi when he was a student at IIT - Delhi. He is an avid blogger and has written numerous short stories. His personal blog is http://www.emotionalfool.in/

He was recently chosen for the iVolunteer Hero Award 2013. Below is a testament of this award.

About AID
^^^^^^^^^
Association for India's Development (AID) is a non-profit
group working towards social change in India, through grassroots
development projects. We work in a wide range of areas including
health, education, women's empowerment, microfinance, and rural
development. For more information visit www.aidindia.org.

AID Inc is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Our tax-id
is 04-3652609. To obtain a copy of the current financial statement
please write to: AID, P.O. Box "F", College Park, MD 20741-3005.

Jun 23, 2014, 4:26:29 PM6/23/14
to alban...@googlegroups.com
Just a friendly reminder, please forward this announcement to all who may be interested.
Selva Award.jpg