One week left to submit a proposal for TICTeC Show & Tells

Gemma Moulder

Feb 7, 2021, 5:00:24 AM2/7/21
Hello again all,

Just a reminder that our Call for Proposals for our Impacts of Civic Technology (TICTeC) Show & Tells closes a week today on 14 February

TICTeC is not about just sharing civic tech projects; it's about taking stock to reflect on how these tools are shaping society, and whether their intended outcomes were realised (or not as the case may be).

Speakers will share evidence-based impact research and lessons learned to honestly examine what's working, what's not and how to do things differently if needed; so digital technology is used as effectively as possible for civic purposes.

Do you have research or lessons learned to contribute to this? If so, please submit a talk by 14 February 2021.

You can find guidance on the sorts of things we're looking for over on the TICTeC website

Thanks a lot for your contributions!

All the best
Gemma.

--

Gemma Moulder

Events Manager and Project Logistics

mySociety | mysociety.org

Liset Hamming

Feb 8, 2021, 3:41:55 PM2/8/21
to Alaveteli Community
Hi Gemma, would 'EU FOI platforms trying to work together' be something to talk about during TICTeC 2021? I'm not sure if I'm the right person to tell about this since I'm still right in the middle of trying to work together... And in fact am, I think, I hope. Also trying to (...) set up a blog on FOI cooperation and the making of FOI requests. Wishing someone will tell me it already exists and that there is also a how-to guide somewhere. In that case I'll ask that person to talk during TICTeC! ;)

Warm regards,
Liset

Gemma Moulder

Feb 12, 2021, 3:36:16 AM2/12/21
to alaveteli-users
Hey Liset! Apologies for slow response, I've been on leave. TICTeC's focus is on research, learning and impact, so if there's an evidence-based research/learning/impact aspect to your proposal then yes it would be suitable. E.g. has any research been done to support what you're trying to do; have there been impacts of working together so far; what has changed as a result of working together etc.

I hope that makes sense! Let me if you have any more questions!

Best,
Gemma.