TICTeC Show & Tells: Call for Proposals

1 view

Gemma Moulder

Jan 12, 2021, 12:56:33 PM1/12/21
to poplus, TICTeC, O...@dgroups.org, civict...@googlegroups.com, alaveteli-users, pmo-n...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Despite not being able to meet in-person in some fabulous city this spring, TICTeC (mySociety's Impacts of Civic Technology Conference) lives on! We'll be hosting a series of short and energetic online Show and Tell events between March-May 2021 and we're looking for speakers.

We invite you to submit a talk proposal by 14th February, or pass this email on to anyone you think might be interested.

The TICTeC Show and Tells will bring together the global community who use, build, research or fund digital technology that empowers citizens. Speakers will have the opportunity to share their real and in-depth research and lessons learnt about the impacts of these digital technologies, and whether their intended outcomes were indeed realised. TICTeC is a safe place to honestly examine what works, what doesn’t, what can be improved etc, so, ultimately, better civic tech tools are developed.

You can read guidance on submitting a talk here. We’re looking for proposals relevant to the impacts of digital technologies in the below topic areas in particular, however, if your proposal doesn’t quite fit into these themes but is still relevant to civic technology we’d nevertheless love to hear from you.
  • Community empowerment
  • Democracy
  • Transparency
  • Accountability
  • Climate
  • Information rights and data ethics
As a charity, we're always looking for new sponsors to help us continue TICTeC's valuable work - you can find out about our sponsorship opportunities here.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

All the best
Gemma.

--

Gemma Moulder