Take our survey to help us shape the future of TICTeC

Gemma Moulder

Sep 24, 2020, 10:10:22 AM9/24/20
to mysociety-community, alaveteli-users, poplus, open-go...@lists.okfn.org, pmo-n...@googlegroups.com, O...@dgroups.org, civict...@googlegroups.com, Foianet, money-politic...@googlegroups.com
**Apologies for cross-posting**

Hello everyone,

As detailed in this recent blog post and due to the ongoing pandemic, for the first time since 2015 mySociety sadly won't be hosting our global in-person Impacts of Civic Technology Conference (TICTeC) in March/April in 2021.

Instead, we are considering our options for hosting it later in 2021, and in addition to our online TICTeC Seminar series this autumn (please do come!), we’d like to organise some further TICTeC initiatives in spring 2021 and in future.

If you use, work on, fund or research civic technology your help will be really useful! Fill in our anonymous survey to help us decide what these TICTeC initiatives should be. We’d like to make them as useful as possible.

What would you find helpful? What would best meet your needs and goals? More seminars? Perhaps workshops, training or networking events? Virtual or in-person? Or perhaps other initiatives that don’t involve actually convening in either of these ways, like podcasts, forums, awards, exchanges or information sharing etc?

You can provide your feedback by filling in this anonymous survey or emailing me back.

We believe more than ever in TICTeC’s core ethos: that every organisation developing and running technology that serves citizens — including ourselves — should do so with evidence-based research at the forefront of their decisions, and should examine and share their impacts. This is to ensure validity and legitimacy, but also to curb and mitigate possible detrimental and unintended consequences.

TICTeC allows attendees to learn from each other to do this, by sharing best practices, research, successes, failures, methodologies and lessons learnt – so that, ultimately, better civic and democratic tools are developed.

We'd really appreciate any feedback you'd like to share.

Many thanks in advance,

Gemma and the mySociety Team.

--

Gemma Moulder

Events Manager and Project Logistics

mySociety | mysociety.org

Gemma Moulder

Oct 28, 2020, 6:27:28 AM10/28/20
to mysociety-community, alaveteli-users, poplus, open-go...@lists.okfn.org, pmo-n...@googlegroups.com, O...@dgroups.org, civict...@googlegroups.com, Foianet, money-politic...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Just a friendly reminder to fill in our TICTeC survey if you build, run, use, fund, or research civic technology, to provide feedback on what future TICTeC initiatives you'd find the most helpful.

Using technology to empower citizens is more important than ever, and over the last 5 years TICTeC has helped improve such technology through the sharing of research, impact and lessons learnt.

We want this important work to continue as effectively as possible during these turbulent times, so we'd really appreciate your thoughts on how best we can do this.

All the best,
Gemma.

Help us shape our future TICTeC initiatives by taking our survey