Upgrade Path - 0.25.0.0 to current

Ben Fairless

Dec 4, 2020, 12:53:43 AM12/4/20
to Alaveteli Dev
Hi There!

Right to Know is currently running on version 0.25.0.0 of Alaveteli. We've finally made the call to upgrade to the latest version.

I'm just wondering if there are any stepped requirements? I'm hoping to make the biggest jumps possible, however would be open to ideas of how others have managed large version jumps :)

Cheers,
Ben

Gareth Rees

Dec 4, 2020, 4:01:04 PM12/4/20
to Alaveteli Dev
We recommend upgrading to each major version sequentially.

It ensures all migration tasks are available at the correct time, and nothing automated (like database migrations) runs before prerequisites from previous versions are in place.

Best,

Gareth