Issue with Docker and Bundler

Natalka Onyshchenko

Nov 3, 2022, 5:48:58 PM11/3/22
to Alaveteli Dev
Hello!

We tried to run Alaveteli in Docker locally. The docker/server command produces the following error (right after mailcatcher starts running):

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.7.0/bundler/source/git.rb:214:in `rescue in load_spec_files': https://github.com/technoweenie/acts_as_versioned.git (at 63b1fc8@63b1fc8) is not yet
checked out. Run `bundle install` first. (Bundler::GitError)

Do you have any advice how to deal with it? I'm at a loss

Graeme Porteous

Nov 4, 2022, 5:26:42 AM11/4/22
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you need to run `docker/setup` first which will install all the gem dependecies and setup your the database and Xapian search index. Installation might take a while without any updates in your terminal.

--
Graeme Porteous
gra...@mysociety.org

Natalka Onyshchenko

Nov 5, 2022, 6:02:24 AM11/5/22
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! I knew I missed something simple...