Admin UI activating view to see recent signed in users

Mattias Axell

Nov 11, 2022, 11:58:00 AM11/11/22
to Alaveteli Dev
Hi,

I recently went to Admin UI of our platform and discovered Users > Sign ins:

Sign In Retention Disabled To enable sign in retention set USER_SIGN_IN_ACTIVITY_RETENTION_DAYS to a value greater than 0 in Alaveteli’s configuration. Any existing records below will soon be purged and no further sign ins will be tracked.

How do I configure this in Alaveteli? Do I add it like the following in general.yml config?

#  Add a value greater than 0 to see recently signed in users, where e.g. 14  are 14 days
# of activity.
USER_SIGN_IN_ACTIVITY_RETENTION_DAYS: 14

Have a great wekeend!

Best
Mattias

Gareth Rees

Nov 14, 2022, 5:01:18 AM11/14/22
to Alaveteli Dev
> How do I configure this in Alaveteli? Do I add it like the following in general.yml config?

Yup!

You'll also want to make sure you have the purge task in the crontab [1].

> I recently went to Admin UI of our platform and discovered Users > Sign ins:

Yeah, this is kind of new. We don't actually use this on WDTK ourselves yet as we had a few privacy policy things to address [2].

Basically, I want to hide the sign ins behind a dropdown so that we're not seeing them by default. We added this due to some extensive misuse that we were handling, which has since subsided a little.

Let us know if it's useful.

Best,

Gareth