Latest stable version?

Andrei Petcu

Mar 7, 2013, 2:09:06 PM3/7/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I would like to deploy a Alaveteli instance in Romania. We translated 100% of the strings on transifex and, since I am a Ruby on Rails n00b I would like to deploy a latest stable release and not worry about troubleshooting and debugging for now.

I played around with the "develop" branch but what version/branch would you suggest for a production server?

I did not find any similar question in the topic list and in the Getting started/Production Server Best Practices pages. Sorry if I missed it :)

I was thinking to go with the 0.7.0.3 branch. Is it ok?

Andrei Cristian Petcu

Andrei Petcu

Mar 7, 2013, 2:51:45 PM3/7/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I found my answer by myself. I should stick to master branch.
https://github.com/mysociety/alaveteli/blob/master/doc/INSTALL.md#upgrading-alaveteli

Andrei Cristian Petcu

Louise Crow

Mar 8, 2013, 3:00:00 PM3/8/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrei,

Yes, the master branch is the one you want - currently that's tagged as 0.7.0.3, but I'm planning on pushing a few more bugfixes to it next week.

Cheers

Louise