How to resend spam emails

Andrei Petcu

Jul 18, 2013, 6:32:43 PM7/18/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I run the Romanian Alaveteli instance and I am not exactly an expert in Rails or exim.

We just started running Alaveteli in production and we have been marked as spam. I sent a email to the spam list and we got removed. Now I want to resend a email. What is the proper Alaveteli way to do it? I am running a 0.7 version of Alaveteli.

If there was another similar post, I am sorry, if it is not I will make changes to the manual to add this feature to the documentation.

Thank you
Andrei Cristian Petcu

Rowan Crawford

Jul 18, 2013, 6:35:17 PM7/18/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
If you go to the admin page, you should be able to open up the outgoing message by clicking on the little caret and hit the "resend" button.

... if you're running the same version.

cheers,
Rowan

Screen Shot 2013-07-19 at 10.33.50 AM.png

Andrei Cristian Petcu

Jul 18, 2013, 6:44:02 PM7/18/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the fast reply Rowan! I might have an older version. When I go to this URL I get redirected to the login page (/profile/sign_in?token=f12ocxht21zkxyftnqh) and the login page does not work. If I go straight to the simple login page /profile/sign_in?r=%2F I can login but not on the one with the token.

I think a command line solution would be nice. I will debug my admin UI in the following days to see what's wrong.

Andrei Cristian Petcu

Matthew Landauer

Jul 18, 2013, 10:47:30 PM7/18/13
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like the login problem might be because your personal login doesn't have administrator privileges.

Take a look in config/general.yml. There are two settings ADMIN_USERNAME, ADMIN_PASSWORD that might be useful. If those are set you can login with those details too and set your user in the admin interface to have admin privileges.

I thing fixing this and using the admin interface to resend the message will be a lot easier than anything else!

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Matthew
Dr Matthew Landauer