Updating public bodies via CSV

Henare Degan

Mar 28, 2014, 2:03:07 AM3/28/14
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Does anyone update their public bodies via CSV?

A couple of our awesome volunteers are working on updating our list right now and are trying to use CSV to make the updates and it's really not working. I just want to check if anyone uses this right now or if you have other ways of updating your public bodies?

Thanks!

Henare
--
Henare Degan
Volunteer & Director - OpenAustralia Foundation

e » hen...@oaf.org.au
w » www.openaustraliafoundation.org.au
t » @OpenAustralia

Andrei Cristian Petcu

Mar 28, 2014, 2:48:39 AM3/28/14
to alavet...@googlegroups.com

Ganesh Sittampalam

Mar 28, 2014, 2:53:55 AM3/28/14
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
We use it occasionally on WDTK but I don't think we've done so for a
while, so it may well have broken recently.

On 28/03/2014 06:03, Henare Degan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone update their public bodies via CSV?
>
> A couple of our awesome volunteers are working on updating our list
> right now and are trying to use CSV to make the updates and it's really
> not working. I just want to check if anyone uses this right now or if
> you have other ways of updating your public bodies?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Henare
> --
> Henare Degan
> Volunteer & Director - OpenAustralia Foundation
>
> e » hen...@oaf.org.au <mailto:hen...@oaf.org.au>
> w » www.openaustraliafoundation.org.au
> <http://www.openaustraliafoundation.org.au>
> t » @OpenAustralia <https://twitter.com/OpenAustralia>

David Cabo

Mar 28, 2014, 4:10:44 AM3/28/14
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henare,

We at tuderechoasaber.es use it often: we keep our master public body list in a google doc (split across a few tabs, different gov levels), and upload the list when we make a change. We don't edit the public bodies directly in our site.

We upgraded to the latest version last summer (0.14? Not sure) and it's working fine. Let me know if I can help.

/david
(from my mobile)

Henare Degan

Mar 29, 2014, 1:05:41 AM3/29/14
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andrei, Ganesh, and David for your responses - all super helpful.

Based on this, I'll work through the problems we're having and create some focussed issues on the Alaveteli repository.

Cheers,

Henare