Closing accounts

Miroslav (Code for Croatia, ImamoPravoZnati.org)

Aug 13, 2021, 10:49:46 AM8/13/21
to Alaveteli Dev
Hello,
In the GH comment, Gareth wrote that "Currently, we can only ban users through the admin interface. We can close accounts through the developer console."

Can you share steps how do you mark account as closed through Rails console?

Thanks,
Miroslav

Graeme Porteous

Aug 16, 2021, 4:55:55 AM8/16/21
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Since that comment we have added a "Close and anonymise" button to the admin user edit page. This does a number of actions to make it easier to comply with GDPR's right to erasure.

If you want to simply "close" an account then you would need to use the console:
User.find_by(email: '...').update(closed_at: Time.now)

Best

--
Graeme Porteous
gra...@mysociety.org

Code for Croatia brine o zaštiti Vaše privatnosti. Molimo vas da ograničite dijeljenje svojih osobnih podataka putem elektroničke pošte.
Vodite računa o okolišu. Ne tiskajte ovu poruku ako nije neophodno.

Miroslav Schlossberg

Aug 16, 2021, 3:03:37 PM8/16/21
to alavet...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graeme,
I can't see 'Close and anonimise' button in Admin GUI. Can you share example screenshot on which screen this can be found?

What actions are done when this button is clicked?

Thanks,
Miroslav

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Alaveteli Dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alaveteli-dev/CAD%3D4AyjKpOHDMgMBc%3Dj7CdHc9TSqzjmLmtqx3sjJAcs1PAvCmQ%40mail.gmail.com.