Incoming emails not registered

Alex Popescu

Sep 8, 2021, 11:44:23 AM9/8/21
to Alaveteli Dev
I've just installed Alaveteli on http://iastatullaintrebari.ro/
I'm still failing at seeing incoming messages into the platform.

External emails reach Postfix - checked with `postcat -qv <emailId>` with <emailId>'s found in mail.log

Contents of /var/log/mail/mail.log

see also: https://pastebin.com/p6ZgKPi9 – egrep '(warning|error|fatal|panic):' /var/log/mail/mail.log | more)
*warning: hostname vps-fe2251ae.vps.ovh.net does not resolve to address 135.125.190.3 – this is weird, because it does resolve – ping responds with that ip

The email queue (`mailq`): https://pastebin.com/8fRUGtKF
see: 'temporary failure' and 'Waiting for fcntl lock'

`host -t mx iastatullaintrebari.ro` ⟶ `iastatullaintrebari.ro mail is handled by 10 iastatullaintrebari.ro.`

But `telnet iastatullaintrebari.ro 25` doesn't seem to work from the outside (Operation timed out / Unable to connect to remote host) – although I've looked into opening port 25 (ufw / iptables)

telneting from the server, it works until:
>> 503 5.5.1 Error: need MAIL command
*although I have installed mailutils

./script/mailin < /tmp/incoming-request-plain.email echoes 0

where should I look next?

Alex Popescu

Sep 8, 2021, 12:34:08 PM9/8/21
to Alaveteli Dev