A/V digitization companies

1 view

Cassie Nespor

Feb 12, 2021, 10:26:23 AM2/12/21
to alao-...@googlegroups.com

Happy Friday from Youngstown!

The YSU Archives would like to digitize some of our audio and video materials and I’m looking for recommendations. We want to send it out to a professional company for the work.

We have media in these formats for this project:

  • reel-to-reel
  • cassette tape
  • vinyl records
  • VHS/UCA

I’d appreciate the names or contact information for any company you’ve used recently.

Thanks for your help!

Cassie Nespor

Curator

Melnick Medical Museum

and University Archives

Youngstown State University

Ph: 330-941-3788

 www.melnick.ysu.edu

Follow Maag Library!

FB: @YSUMaag

Twitter: @MaagYSU

IG: ysu_maaglibrary

Kristina Schulz

Feb 12, 2021, 10:53:18 AM2/12/21
to alao-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cassie,

We have used SceneSavers on several 16 mm film transfers in the last few years. They have also done VHS and audio cassettes transfers for us. Their work is excellent and they are easy to work with. I also think their pricing is pretty competitive. They are located in Covington, KY.

Thanks,
Kristina

Kristina Schulz, CA, DAS (she/her)
University Archivist and Coordinator of Special Collections
212 Albert Emanuel Hall

Please allow at least one working day for me to respond to your email: I try to respond quickly to messages that need quick responses, and to respond intentionally to messages that require the same. I appreciate your patience as we all try to balance work and well-being during the pandemic.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Academic Library Association of Ohio, Special Collections & Archives Interest Group (SCAig) Google Group. See the group's website at https://www.alaoweb.org/scaig
---