SAVE THE DATE! ALAO SCAig 2021 Annual Workshop: Management in Many Forms

Makarowski, Rachel

Apr 13, 2021, 12:30:31 PM4/13/21
to alao-...@googlegroups.com
***Please excuse any cross-postings***

Dear all,

Save the date to join us! We are excited to announce the SCAig 2021 Annual Workshop, “Management in Many Forms: Coordinating People and Projects in Remote and Hybrid Environments.” This workshop will take place on Wednesday, May 26th from 9:00AM - 11:30AM virtually on Zoom.

The event will consist of two one-hour panels, each with two to three speakers and a break in between the panels. The first panel will focus on managing teams and projects within a special collections/archives department in a remote/hybrid environment, the second on managing projects with people outside of the library and archives, including donors, community members, and other stakeholders. There will be a half hour break in between each panel.

Joining us as presenters are:
Alia Levar Wegner, Digital Collections Librarian, Miami University
Kayla Harris, Marian Library Librarian/Archivist, University of Dayton
Henry Handley, Marian Library Collections Librarian, University of Dayton
Helen Conger, Archivist, Case Western Reserve University
Julia Teran, Archivist, Case Western Reserve University
Kristina Schultz, University Archivist, University of Dayton

For more information about our presenters and their talks, please visit our webpageRegistration will open on April 26th.

SCAig's annual meeting provides an opportunity to gather people with an interest in special collections and archives to learn from changing and continuing practices. With a virtual synchronous event, we hope to reach a wide and diverse audience, and to provide an event that shows how we can support each other in library and archival work and maintain connections and collections in a time of upheaval.

Registration is free for ALAO members, $10 for non-members. Consider becoming an ALAO member if you’re interested in attending! Membership for students is free and the COVID-19 Relief annual fee for those economically impacted by the pandemic is $10 through July 1, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact me off the list.

We hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Rachel Makarowski, on behalf of the SCAig 2021 Annual Workshop Planning Committee

--
Rachel Makarowski, MLS
Special Collections Librarian

"Don't tell me women are not the stuff of heroes" - Qiu Jin

Miami University is located within the traditional homelands of the Myaamia and Shawnee people, who along with other indigenous groups ceded these lands to the United States in the first Treaty of Greenville in 1795. The Miami people, whose name our university carries, were forcibly removed from these homelands in 1846.