A new anthology, live on Kickstarter

Alana Joli Abbott

Feb 15, 2020, 9:05:07 AM2/15/20
to alanajoli...@googlegroups.com
Dear readers,

It's been so long since I've done an update, I suspect most of you forgot this mailing list existed, or that you were on it! I've been remiss in sharing my work, but 2020 is looking to be a really exciting year for me as an editor and a writer, and I can't wait to share some of these projects with you!

First up is an anthology, Where the Veil Is Thin, that I've edited for Outland Entertainment with Cerece Rennie Murphy. It collects original fairy tales with inspirations from around the world. Some are dark and creepy, some are beautiful and hopeful, and some are laugh out loud funny. All of them are imminently worth reading, and I'm so excited to bring them into the world.

Cerece is one of the founders of Narazu, a site that promotes indie speculative fiction projects in film, print, and games. She has been an absolute dream to work with, and helped bring in some really fantastic authors to the project.

One of my stories, "Don't Let Go," a reprint from Ransom: The Anthology: Deals Gone Bad/Good, is included in the anthology, so if you haven't read that one, here's a new chance. We have an introduction from Jim C. Hines, and stories from Seanan McGuire, Glenn Parris, David Bowles, Minsoo Kang, Carlos Hernandez, C.S.E. Cooney, Gwendolyn N. Nix, Alethea Kontis, Shanna Swendson, Grey Yuen, Linda Robertson, L. Penelope, and Zin E. Rocklyn. If this sounds like something you'd like to read, check it out on Kickstarter, and please feel free to spread the word!

I'm keeping busy editing and finishing up the last parts of a beta edit on my newest game for Choice of Games, so keep watch for another email from this list in the near future!

Wishing you all the best,
Alana

Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
Author of apps Choice of the Pirate and Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog