* * * Wecloming Ricardo on board * * *

Tristano Ajmone

Nov 19, 2021, 1:56:46 PM11/19/21
to Alan-IF post message

Ciao everyone!

A brief update on the progress of the ALAN i18n project ...

In the past months, following an appeal we left on various IF online communities, asking

for help in updating the ALAN Spanish library (pALANte), Ricardo (@Rich15) from Venezuela

answered our appeal and has been contributing to the grow of the new Spanish ALAN Foundation

Library at the ALAN i18n repository:

https://github.com/alan-if/alan-i18n/tree/main/alan_es

I can't stress enough how helpful Ricardo's contributions have been for update the pALANte

library (2010) to the latest ALAN version, in order to make us of all the features that have

been added in the past 11 years since it was last updated.

It's been a while I wanted to introduce Ricardo to the ALAN community, but I wanted first

to make sure he had joined the mailing list. Finally, I got confirmation that he subscribed,

so let's welcome Ricardo to our small but tight community, with gratitude for all the huge

support hes been donating to the i18n project.

In an attempt to excuse myself for having taken so long to do this, I shall cling to the

facts that:

  1. We've squeezed every second of our spare time working on the code, messages translations,
    documentation, etc.
  2. There's a 5 hours time difference between Italy and Venezuela, which means that I and
    Ricardo manage to be online at the same time for a few hours (usually during the weekends)
    which gives us time to plan the various chores to be handled during the upcoming week.
    So communications are not always linear as one might thing.

Anyhow, notwithstanding email filters and time differences, I'm glad to know that Ricardo is

now on the discussion group!

Work on the libraries and the documentation carries on, steady as usual, although we don't

expect any major announcement for this year's season holidays (e.g. a new library release).

But for those who are planning to work on a new adventure during the Christmas holidays,

remember that the AlanStd Lib v2.2.0-RC (the early-access release candidate of the upcoming

v2.2.0) can always be downloaded at this link:

https://github.com/AnssiR66/AlanStdLib/tree/v2.2.0-RC

Best regards and keep up the good work!

Tristano Ajmone (Italy)

IFDB profile page:

http://ifdb.tads.org/search?searchfor=author+Ajmone

Alan 3 Syntax for Sublime Text:

https://github.com/tajmone/sublime-alan

Thomas Nilefalk

Nov 19, 2021, 2:29:57 PM11/19/21
to Alan-IF Discussions
Yes, very welcome, Ricardo!

Robert DeFord

Nov 19, 2021, 4:48:21 PM11/19/21
to ala...@googlegroups.com, Tristano Ajmone

Welcome Ricardo!

Robert DeFord

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved, living and
letting live, is the simple basis for it all."
Ernest Holmes 1984

Ricardo Osio

Nov 20, 2021, 9:51:04 PM11/20/21
to Alan IF discussions