A33 Palindrome is Officially for Sale

Palindrome

Jul 7, 2021, 6:09:02 PM7/7/21
to Alajuelaboats

Hello All,

After some deliberation we have decided to sell our Alajuela 33 "Palindrome". She has taken care of us well and we feel it is time for her to experience further adventures with a new owner.

In preparation for sale we have done a deep clean of the entire vessel inside and out including shampooing all the upholstered surfaces, cleaning the dodger, and clearing out and scrubbing out all lockers from stem to stern, as well as all bilge areas and mast step. She is currently in the Great Lakes and has been in fresh water since 2009 and stored indoors, heated, during the off season.

 Included with Palindrome are:

  • a newer engine - repowered (2006, Yanmar 3YM30, 783 hours – professionally serviced - new heat exchanger, 2021, new starter solenoid, new throttle cable)
  • high output alternator (2006)
  • Racor fuel manifold
  • two saddle fuel tanks (13 gal ea, 2006)) plus main keel tank - 75 gal total capacity which equates to approx 125 hours at 5 to 5.5 knots or 625+ nautical mile range under power
  • new mainsail (Hood, 2012)
  • new headsail (Doorsail, 2014)
  • new dodger canvas (Sunbrella, 2015)
  • new, never used asymmetric cruising spinnaker with snuffer (Doorsail, 2018)
  • Monitor wind wane (new, 2012)
  • New batteries x 4 (2021 6V deep cycle golf cart batteries)
  • all chain rode in bow locker
  • tons of extras including a total of 5 anchors (yup five)
  • backup chain rode and shackles
  • self-tailing main working winches (with a shiny new winch handle)
  • manual Simpson-Lawrence windlass with spare handles
  • new standing rigging (2006, oversized)
  • 8-inch memory foam mattresses for both the V-berth (2006) and aft port quarterberth (2015)
  • new stereo with Sirius satellite radio
  • new Lowrance GPS/chartplotter with Sirius satellite weather overlay (2009)
  • new cockpit speakers (2021)
  • many spare oil and fuel filters
  • many spare parts including shackles, main sheet, extra lines,
  • spare 12V bilge pump, spare manual bilge pump
  • 9-foot sea anchor with rode
  • insulated backstay for SSB/ham radio
  • ham radio (needs service)
  • Adler-Barber refrigerator
  • 2 solar panels
  • 3.5 hp 4 stroke Mercury outboard and West Marine (Avon) dinghy included
  • tools, fittings, large assortment of stainless hardware
  • all chain rode in bow locker and additional chain
  • functional Furuno radar
  • bottom was barrier coated with epoxy
  • Speedseal impeller cover plate (2011)
  • new flexible holding tank and hoses (2011)
  • Force 10 propane cabin heater
  • gimbled gas over with three burners
  • Jet boil mount
  • warm, well maintained wood interior

We have not yet listed the boat with a broker, but we plan to do so soon. Anyone acquiring her would have use of the slip for the remainder of this season with a professional boat yard adjacent. If you are interested in more information and photos, please contact me.

Thanks very much,

Mark McCormick

S/V Palindrome