Jordan Series Drogue chainplates

sv...@pm.me

Sep 5, 2022, 12:13:11ā€ÆAM9/5/22
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
Does anyone have technical drawings, specifications, or dimensions for the chainplates and the of said chainplates on an A38?
Thanks,
Sam Stone
S/V Ligaya

Sent from Proton Mail mobile

Trevor Robertson

Sep 5, 2022, 9:04:52ā€ÆAM9/5/22
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sam
I'll pick up the dimensions of the JDS chainplates on Iron Bark and get them to you in a day or two. It's blowing a gale at present with horizontalĀ rain and spray even in a protected anchorage so too unpleasant to work on deck for longer than necessary.Ā
Cheers
Trevor

Trevor Robertson
Yacht Iron Bark

Sam Stone

Sep 7, 2022, 1:44:52ā€ÆPM9/7/22
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Trevor.
I look forward to hearing about Greenland.
Sam

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Sep 7, 2022, 2:45:24ā€ÆPM9/7/22
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam
Attached the drawing of the JDS chainplate with a few added dimensions.

The trip to Greenland was a washout - too much fog and ice, engine problems and lack of moral fibre on my part. I'll write it up and post it sometimeĀ fairly soon
Best
Trevor

P9070057.JPG

Sam Stone

Sep 23, 2022, 12:19:44ā€ÆPM9/23/22
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevor,
Sorry for the late reply,
Thank you very much for the diagram. It will be very helpful.
Approximately how far forward of the of the stern are your chainplates located? In my head I picture them about even with the aft end of the cockpit or a little forward and about 1/3 of the way down from the caprail between the caprail and the boot stripe.
Thanks
Sam

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

Sep 26, 2022, 2:44:44ā€ÆPM9/26/22
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
HI Trevor,
It definitely makes more sense to have them through-bolted in bulwarks as opposed to the lower down in the hull.
I have some other questions about the drogue and other modifications but I will wait until you are back in the Caribbean.
Are you headed back to Carriacou?
Fair Winds
SamĀ

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.