TIME TO SELL LONE GULL

Douglas Wertz

May 12, 2024, 10:52:34 AMMay 12
to Alajuelaboats
DSC02291.jpegI was fortunate to achieve the dream of a circumnavigation in Lone Gull, an Alajuela 38 MK 1 last year and now it is time to pass her forward to another.   Should you be interested please email me for the description of her current state ( she is ready for more).

Photo off the Cap of Good Hope.

Greg Campbell

May 26, 2024, 3:34:42 AMMay 26
to Alajuelaboats
Hi Douglas,
I found your blog, and a most interesting read it is.  A 13 month "cruising" circumnavigation is quite some achievement.  In a world of larger and more complex cruising yachts where the maintenance can kill the simple joys, I particularly liked "The boat is simple - no shower, no refrigeration, I collected rain water". You've well proven the merits of the design and I'm sure "Lone Gull" will excite new owners with fresh adventures.  Well done.
Cheers,
Greg Campbell

Douglas Wertz

May 31, 2024, 7:25:16 AMMay 31
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the note!    Did you see the predict wind blog and course or other?   Was as fulfilling as I could have wished to achieve and all onboard a safe little island.  It is amazing, traveling between 5 to 7 mph!

Should you know of an effective way to advertise  such a boat I’d be happy to know.   Buying and selling is emotional and it is time to pass to another!!

Sincerely

Douglas.