A38 Nav Desk Remodel

Palin

Nov 9, 2023, 10:46:11 AM11/9/23
to Alajuelaboats
AA0D0F05-59D2-4B04-B11F-EA1FD2BA1D64.jpegOne thing I didn’t hesitate to dive right into when I got Lucia was the nav table. I knew I wanted a small desk there and with the help of a local craftsman I made it happen. I thought I’d share so others can see what else can fit into that space. I haven’t had cushions made yet and it would have been easier to finish that section of exposed hull before the carpentry but I’m very pleased with it.
Patrick

Ryan McAuliffe

Nov 9, 2023, 7:17:12 PM11/9/23
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

That desk you made looks very similar to the factory forward facing desk I have on Wabi Sabi.  Aparantly there were only a few made with forward facing desks. Its a great place to sit and watch your bread bake.  To anyone curious, Wabi Sabi and crew are working their way north to cruise the Sea of Cortez this winter.

Ryan

p linton

Nov 10, 2023, 8:09:40 PM11/10/23
to alajue...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ryan,
I didn’t realize any left the factory in that configuration. The only pics I’ve seen of a sit down desk were on an owner finished boat. I kept as much of the original structure as I could and worked within the framework that was already there. Plenty of room in my opinion and I’m 6’2”
Patrick

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 9, 2023, at 5:17 PM, 'Ryan McAuliffe' via Alajuelaboats <alajue...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Alajuelaboats" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/alajuelaboats/1935131675.859145.1699554282782%40mail.yahoo.com.
<AA0D0F05-59D2-4B04-B11F-EA1FD2BA1D64.jpeg>

Doug (Pelican)

Jan 6, 2024, 12:58:16 AMJan 6
to Alajuelaboats
Nice