[alacloud] Update on cloud computing panel at ALA

Mitchell, Erik

May 10, 2010, 10:18:12 AM5/10/10
to alac...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I hope that your semesters are winding up well and that you are
looking forward to a good summer. Our cloud computing panel is just
over 6 weeks away and I wanted to touch base with everyone with a few
todo items.

1. Later this week (Thursday) I will be sending out a call for
lightning round participants. Please feel free to redistribute the
call.
2. I would like to have bios/pictures up for all of the panellists
prior to the call - You can login to the group
(http://groups.google.com/alacloud) or simply email me a brief
bio/picture and I will add it for you.
3. I would like you to think about the panel you are on & let me know
if you would rather talk on the other (I just made a quick sort on
this & am up for discussion!)

First panel discussion 8-9:30 am: Cloud computing in libraries:
Definitions, needs, and trends – This panel session will focus on
providing an overview of what cloud computing is and how it is being
used to fill needs in libraries. Panel members will each provide a
short presentation and then the moderator will coordinate a discussion
on common themes (75 minute session).

* PresentersMarshall Breeding – Vanderbilt University
* Karen Coombs – OCLC
* Erik Mitchell – Wake Forest University
* Terry Reese - Oregon State University

Second panel discussion 9:45-11:00 am: Cloud computing projects and
innovative ideas – This panel session will focus on providing the
audience with short case-study style presentations from panelists.
Following short presentations from each panelist, the moderator will
coordinate a Q&A session (75 minute session).

* PresentersJason Clark – Montana University
* Leslie Johnston – Library of Congress
* Rosalyn Metz – Wheaton College
* Chris Tonjes – DC Public Library

Thanks all!

Erik

--
Erik Mitchell, Ph.D.
Assistant Director for Technology Services