4 black teenagers killed, multiple injured following shooting in Alabama

Leroy N. Soetoro

Apr 16, 2023, 7:53:18 PM4/16/23
<https://nbc24.com/news/nation-world/4-confirmed-dead-several-others-
injured-after-shooting-in-alabama-gun-violence-gun-control-mass-shooting-
atf-sheriffs-office-law-enforcement-police-district-attorney#>

DADEVILLE, Ala. (WBMA) — A high school senior who planned to play college
football was celebrating at his sister's 16th birthday party Saturday
night in Alabama when gunfire killed him and three other people and
wounded several others.

Police were gathering evidence Sunday at a dance studio where the party
was held in downtown Dadeville. They did not immediately say if a suspect
was in custody, or if they knew more about any motivation.

Philstavious “Phil” Dowdell, a Dadeville High School senior who had
committed to Jacksonville State University, was celebrating at his sister
Alexis' party before he was shot to death, his grandmother Annette Allen
told The Montgomery Advertiser.

Jacksonville State football coach Rich Rodriguez said in a statement
Sunday: “Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Philstavious
Dowdell and the other victims of the senseless tragedy last night. He was
a great young man with a bright future. My staff and I are heartbroken and
hope that everyone will support his family through this difficult time.”

“He was a very, very humble child. Never messed with anybody. Always had a
smile on his face,” Allen told the newspaper, calling it “a million-dollar
smile.”

Dowdell’s mother was among those hurt in the shooting.

“Everybody’s grieving,” Allen said.

Pastor Ben Hayes, who serves as the chaplain for the Dadeville Police
Department and for the local high school football team, said most of the
victims are teenagers because the shooting occurred at a birthday party
for a 16-year-old. He said the shooting has rocked the small town where
serious crime is rare.

One of the young men that was killed was one of our star athletes and just
a great guy. So I knew many of these students. Dadeville is a small town
and this is going to affect everybody in this area,” Hayes said.
WRBL-TV reported that the shooting happened at a dance studio. The station
showed images of crime scene tape around the Mahogany Masterpiece Dance
Studio and neighboring buildings and a heavy police presence.

This morning, I grieve with the people of Dadeville and my fellow
Alabamians. Violent crime has NO place in our state, and we are staying
closely updated by law enforcement as details emerge,” Alabama Gov. Kay
Ivey said in a statement posted on social media.
More than 12 hours after the shooting, investigators continued filing in
and out of the Mahogany Masterpiece dance studio, denoted by a banner
hanging on the outside of a one-story brick building just off the square.
Less than a block away, the American and Alabama flags were lowered to
half staff outside the Tallapoosa County Courthouse.

Dadeville Mayor Frank Goodman said he was in bed asleep when a council
member called him just before 11 p.m. Saturday. He said he went to Lake
Martin Community Hospital in Dadeville, where some of the people who had
been shot were taken.

“It was chaotic,” Goodman said. “There were people running around. They
were crying and screaming. There were police cars everywhere, there were
ambulances everywhere. People were trying to find out about their loved
ones. That was a scene, where we never had anything like this happen in
our city before.”

In addition to ALEA State Bureau of Investigations, Dadeville Police,
Tallapoosa County Sheriff's Office, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms
and Explosives (ATF), and the 5th Circuit District Attorney's Office
responded to the scene and are assisting with the investigation.

The incident is still under investigation.

No suspect(s) information was released at this time.

While there is no consensus for the measurement, organizations like the
Gun Violence Archive estimate there have been around 160 mass shootings in
the U.S. since the start of 2023.

President Joe Biden was briefed on the shooting, the White House said,
adding that it is closely monitoring the situation and has been in touch
with local officials and law enforcement to offer support.

“What has our nation come to when children cannot attend a birthday party
without fear? When parents have to worry every time their kids walk out
the door to school, to the movie theater, or to the park?” Biden said in a
statement Sunday. “Guns are the leading killer of children in America, and
the numbers are rising – not declining. This is outrageous and
unacceptable.”

Biden called on Congress to “require safe storage of firearms, require
background checks for all gun sales, eliminate gun manufacturers’ immunity
from liability, and ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.”

This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.