FW: DR 332-23 - 5.15 Updates

Jenni Ragland

May 15, 2023, 11:58:46 PM5/15/23
to akv...@googlegroups.com, Robert Russell, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, Lesli Remaly, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Ramsey, John C (MVA, Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Reg...@mds.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, Daniel Wilcox, Becky Stoppa, Gary Bearce, Boatman, Bethny, Jim Kincaid, Halawa-Bill Watson, mds.cent...@gmail.com, li...@alaskasilc.org, vikki....@teamrubiconusa.org, Chandler Alford, Daniel Wilcox, Susan Davis, Sylvia Heinz, Shevaun Malone, Kevin Bottjen, Kevin Pope, Luther Harrison (LHarrison@samaritan.org), Bethany Jahnke

Good evening VOAD partners

Before the end of my day, I wanted to pass along a summary from Bryan at the American Red Cross which highlights the significance of this Spring’s break up along the river system. There is potential for additional flooding in the days ahead, as break up moves down river and more complete information becomes known as damage assessments are completed.

There will be a Mass Care call scheduled  very soon for those who have resources/capacity to support immediate response and recovery needs. If you don’t normally participate in those calls, but would like the information, please let me know and I’ll make sure to forward you the details.

We know Alaskans are strong and resilient people but in times like these, when things seem at their worst, we have the opportunity to come alongside our neighbors to offer hope and healing. Thank youfor your continued thoughts and prayers for all those who have been impacted, as well as the responders who are tirelessly working to offer support.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am still in Cordova, but will be back in Anchorage tomorrow afternoon. (My phone works best with email and/or text messages, so don’t hesitate to reach out at 907-317-2430.)

Blessings,

Jenni Ragland

Service Extension & Emergency Disaster Services Director

The Salvation Army Alaska Division

907-339-3440

https://alaska.salvationarmy.org