Alaska VOAD Meeting

Jenni Ragland

Jun 27, 2022, 3:56:32 PM6/27/22
to akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, art chase, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, desiree....@alaska.gov, Isham, Kelly D., Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz

Good afternoon,

As we are in the summer months – and this is a holiday weekend – we will not hold our monthly AK VOAD meetings on June 28 (tomorrow) or July 26.

In lieu of our meetings, information and updates will be provided weekly (or more frequently, if needed) to communicate any Mass Care activities/needs/gaps, along with regular Mass Care Task Force Meetings, as determined by SEOC/Mass Care Coordinator.

Our regular monthly meeting will resume on August 23rd at 1:00 PM.

Thanks for your continued support and willing service!  Have a SAFE summer.

Blessings,

Jenni Ragland

Service Extension & Emergency Disaster Services Director

The Salvation Army Alaska Division

907-339-3440

https://alaska.salvationarmy.org

Jenni Ragland

Jun 27, 2022, 3:57:29 PM6/27/22
to akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Isham, Kelly D., Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher
invite.ics

Daniel Wilcox

Sep 20, 2022, 12:28:48 AM9/20/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Isham, Kelly D., Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock
Greetings all!

Tomorrow afternoon we will be holding an AKVOAD meeting specifically regarding the Western Alaskan Storms, and the current situation and responses throughout the region.  With Jenni currently out, and other members of the executive committee occupied, I have offered to chair our meeting.  Note that the invitation below is not our normal connection for an AKVOAD meeting, but a Zoom meeting.  If you are unable to use Zoom, there is a telephone number as well that you can call from any phone.

The agenda is fairly straightforward, though if there is something specific that you would like to discuss, please let me know and we can add it.  Also, if I'm forgetting anyone on the list above, please feel free to forward this invitation to them so we don't miss anyone who should be at the table.  Additionally, if there is anyone who is currently involved with the response and does not normally attend AKVOAD but may have helpful information, please feel free to extend them that invitation.

Please recall NVOADs 4 Cs: Communication, Coordination, Collaboration, and Cooperation. This meeting will be focused on gathering and sharing information, connection resources, and identifying gaps.  The times are estimated and can be flexed, but please be conscientious of those actively responding and let's make good use of their time.

Agenda:
1:00 - Call to Order and Approval of Agenda
1:05 - Roll Call
(We will not take time to do intros, but would ask anyone sharing a report to give their name, organization, and current role)
1:10 - Current Incident Report from State
1:25 - Reports from Agencies Currently Responding
1:40 - Updates from other Agencies (Current preparations and plans, etc.)
1:50 - Questions and Identifying and Addressing Gaps
1:55 - Schedule Next Meeting
2:00 - Adjourn

Daniel Wilcox is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Alaska VOAD Meeting - Western Alaskan Storms
Time: Sep 20, 2022 01:00 PM Alaska

Join Zoom Meeting
https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/95972474169

Meeting ID: 959 7247 4169
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,95972474169#

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782

Rev. Daniel P. Wilcox
Alaska United Methodist Conference, Disaster Response Coordinator
Christ First and Palmer United Methodist Churches
2635 S. Old Knik Rd.
Wasilla, AK 99654

Daniel Wilcox

Sep 26, 2022, 8:50:40 PM9/26/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Isham, Kelly D., Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, Alan Budahl, seven...@icloud.com, Alaska ACS
Greetings all!

Tomorrow afternoon we will again be holding an AKVOAD meeting regarding the Western Alaskan Storms, and the current situation and responses throughout the region.  Note that the invitation below is again not our normal connection for an AKVOAD meeting, but a Zoom meeting.  If you are unable to use Zoom, there is a telephone number as well that you can call from any phone.

The agenda is similar to last week, with a few added details.  Roll call will again be your name, organization, and contact information in the chat.  I will update our event contact directory after the meeting with any changes or additions.

Please recall NVOADs 4 Cs: Communication, Coordination, Collaboration, and Cooperation. This meeting will be focused on gathering and sharing information, connection resources, and identifying gaps.  The times are estimated and can be flexed, but please be conscientious of those actively responding and let's make good use of their time.

Agenda:
1:00 - Call to Order and Affirm Agenda
1:00 - Please enter your contact information in the Chat Box
1:05 - Current Incident Report from State
1:15 - Reports from Agencies Currently Responding
1:40 - Updates from other Agencies (Current preparations and plans, etc.)
1:50 - Questions and Identifying and Addressing Gaps
1:55 - Schedule Next Meeting
2:00 - Adjourn

Daniel Wilcox is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Alaska VOAD Meeting - Western Alaskan Storms
Time: Sep 20, 2022 01:00 PM Alaska

Join Zoom Meeting
https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/95972474169

Meeting ID: 959 7247 4169
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,95972474169#

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782

Rev. Daniel P. Wilcox
Alaska United Methodist Conference, Disaster Response Coordinator
Christ First and Palmer United Methodist Churches
2635 S. Old Knik Rd.
Wasilla, AK 99654
Rev. Daniel P. Wilcox

Daniel Wilcox

Sep 27, 2022, 3:14:29 PM9/27/22
to Jenni Ragland, 2bb...@gmail.com, Alan Budahl, Alaska ACS, Arctic Training Center, Aronen, Christopher, Clarice Esquilla, Dave Kuiper, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Isham, Kelly D., Jim Baldwin, Kelley Biastock, Kelly Isham, Lesli Remaly, Matthews, David H, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Mccann, Erin, Mimzy Wellberg, Rachel Alford, Ramsey, John C (MVA), Robert Russell, Stovall, Joseph C, Sylvia Heinz, Tonnessen, Britt, akv...@googlegroups.com, amanda.b...@redcross.org, bode...@gmail.com, bryan.c...@redcross.org, desiree....@alaska.gov, kevind...@gmail.com, princessw...@msn.com, rbrit...@sprynet.com, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, seven...@icloud.com
My email yesterday mentioned Tuesday, but had the wrong date of the 28th. It is in fact today at 1:00.

Apologies for the confusion and thanks to those who caught it!

Dan Wilcox
--
Rev. Daniel P. Wilcox
Christ First United Methodist Church

Daniel Wilcox

Sep 27, 2022, 9:26:30 PM9/27/22
to Jenni Ragland, 2bb...@gmail.com, Alan Budahl, Alaska ACS, Arctic Training Center, Aronen, Christopher, Clarice Esquilla, Dave Kuiper, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Isham, Kelly D., Jim Baldwin, Kelley Biastock, Kelly Isham, Lesli Remaly, Matthews, David H, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Mccann, Erin, Mimzy Wellberg, Rachel Alford, Ramsey, John C (MVA), Robert Russell, Stovall, Joseph C, Sylvia Heinz, Tonnessen, Britt, akv...@googlegroups.com, amanda.b...@redcross.org, bode...@gmail.com, bryan.c...@redcross.org, desiree....@alaska.gov, kevind...@gmail.com, princessw...@msn.com, rbrit...@sprynet.com, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, seven...@icloud.com, bethny....@fema.dhs.gov, leon...@ntemc.org, Patrick Teagarden, jul...@ntemc.org, lhar...@samaritan.org, Teres...@fema.dhs.gov, don.b...@teamrubiconusa.org
Greetings all!
Thank you for all the work you are doing, and for the way you've given your time and energy to the people of Western Alaska.  As I mentioned during the meeting, I'm including an updated event-specific directory from the information provided during the meeting today.  You can find that here: AKVOAD - Western Alaska Storms - event directory.docx

Some did have difficulty with that link, so please let me know and I'll send you the document as an attachment.

Though they are at the end of the directory, here are the links shared during the meeting for Alaska IA and for FEMA applications:

State IA (Individual Assistance) Information

https://ready.alaska.gov/  State IA

Description of State IA https://ready.alaska.gov/Recovery/IA

FEMA Disaster Assistance Information

Apply for FEMA’s disaster assistance at www.disasterassistance.gov by phone at 1-800-621-3362 or on the FEMA mobile app.

On FEMA’s main website find information about registration and more at https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4672.

Finally, here is the link for the recording of today's meeting:

Our next meeting is scheduled for 1:00pm on Tuesday, October 4th, by Zoom.  For those interested in starting the conversation about long-term recovery, we will meet directly after the AKVOAD meeting next week.

Thanks again - Let's go help some people!
Dan Wilcox

Rev. Daniel P. Wilcox
Alaska Conference of the UMC, Disaster Response Coordinator

Geo AK

Sep 28, 2022, 2:30:26 AM9/28/22
to Daniel Wilcox, Jenni Ragland, 2bb...@gmail.com, Alan Budahl, Alaska ACS, Arctic Training Center, Aronen, Christopher, Clarice Esquilla, Dave Kuiper, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Isham, Kelly D., Jim Baldwin, Kelley Biastock, Kelly Isham, Lesli Remaly, Matthews, David H, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Mccann, Erin, Mimzy Wellberg, Rachel Alford, Ramsey, John C (MVA), Robert Russell, Stovall, Joseph C, Sylvia Heinz, Tonnessen, Britt, akv...@googlegroups.com, amanda.b...@redcross.org, bode...@gmail.com, bryan.c...@redcross.org, desiree....@alaska.gov, kevind...@gmail.com, princessw...@msn.com, rbrit...@sprynet.com, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, seven...@icloud.com, bethny....@fema.dhs.gov, leon...@ntemc.org, Patrick Teagarden, jul...@ntemc.org, lhar...@samaritan.org, Teres...@fema.dhs.gov, don.b...@teamrubiconusa.org

--
Message sent via the Alaska VOAD Google Group. Do not use to send confidential client information.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/akvoad/CANTcc%2BwY5rWmCoauVFA1K%2BppJQdq232KptSWJYxmZ3yokJ8%3DVg%40mail.gmail.com
.

Daniel Wilcox

Sep 28, 2022, 8:08:14 PM9/28/22
to Jenni Ragland, 2bb...@gmail.com, Alan Budahl, Alaska ACS, Arctic Training Center, Aronen, Christopher, Clarice Esquilla, Dave Kuiper, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Isham, Kelly D., Jim Baldwin, Kelley Biastock, Kelly Isham, Lesli Remaly, Matthews, David H, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Mccann, Erin, Mimzy Wellberg, Rachel Alford, Ramsey, John C (MVA), Robert Russell, Stovall, Joseph C, Sylvia Heinz, Tonnessen, Britt, akv...@googlegroups.com, amanda.b...@redcross.org, bode...@gmail.com, bryan.c...@redcross.org, desiree....@alaska.gov, kevind...@gmail.com, princessw...@msn.com, rbrit...@sprynet.com, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, seven...@icloud.com, bethny....@fema.dhs.gov, leon...@ntemc.org, Patrick Teagarden, jul...@ntemc.org, lhar...@samaritan.org, Teres...@fema.dhs.gov, don.b...@teamrubiconusa.org, Brown, Alan S (MVA sponsored)
Greetings all!
I am attaching the minutes from Tuesday's meeting.  Thank you to Bethny Boatman for taking these and getting them out!

Thanks for all you do,
9-27-22 AK VOAD Meeting for Western AK Storms Notes.docx
DR-4672-AK_NR_001_How_to_Apply_for_Assistance.pdf

Lesli Remaly

Sep 30, 2022, 5:10:12 PM9/30/22
to Daniel Wilcox, Jenni Ragland, Kim Vogel, 2bb...@gmail.com, Alan Budahl, Alaska ACS, Arctic Training Center, Aronen, Christopher, Clarice Esquilla, Dave Kuiper, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Isham, Kelly D., Jim Baldwin, Kelley Biastock, Kelly Isham, Matthews, David H, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Mccann, Erin, Mimzy Wellberg, Rachel Alford, Ramsey, John C (MVA), Robert Russell, Stovall, Joseph C, Sylvia Heinz, Tonnessen, Britt, akv...@googlegroups.com, amanda.b...@redcross.org, bode...@gmail.com, bryan.c...@redcross.org, desiree....@alaska.gov, kevind...@gmail.com, princessw...@msn.com, rbrit...@sprynet.com, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, seven...@icloud.com, bethny....@fema.dhs.gov, leon...@ntemc.org, Patrick Teagarden, jul...@ntemc.org, lhar...@samaritan.org, Teres...@fema.dhs.gov, don.b...@teamrubiconusa.org

Greetings,

Hope you are all well and taking care of yourselves in the midst of this most recent disaster. Appreciate the updates and information from the AKVOAD, the United Church of Christ Pacific Northwest Conference has been represented on a few of your coordination calls by the Conference Disaster Coordinator in our Central Pacific Conference Kim Vogel- we thank her for the time and care.

As you may know, the UCC can offer support in disasters, we have two small churches in AK and offer disaster resources.  I have attached the 15 ways list- for your awareness.   As Recovery efforts continue we are most willing to support and seek opportunities to fill gaps for hard cases.

Yours in partnership,

Peace,

Ms. Lesli Remaly (she, her)

Minister for Disaster Response and Recovery

Global H.O.P.E. (Humanitarian. Opportunities. Progress. Empowerment.)

1300 E. 9th Street, Suite 1100, Cleveland, OH  44114

United Church of Christ, National Ministries

305-972-5568 | rem...@ucc.org  | UCC.org

About | Willing To Respond | Disaster Response

Oct 3, 2022, 3:19:18 PM10/3/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Isham, Kelly D., Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, Reg...@mds.org
Greetings all!

We will hold our weekly AKVOAD meeting specifically regarding the Western Alaskan Storms tomorrow (10/4) at 13:00 by Zoom.  The link for the meeting is below.  Also, if anyone is unable to join through the link, there is a call-in number that you can use to connect.  You will need the indicated password to access the meeting.

There has been little change to the agenda, but please be ready to share if you have updates that will benefit everyone.

Please recall NVOADs 4 Cs: Communication, Coordination, Collaboration, and Cooperation. This meeting will be focused on gathering and sharing information, connection resources, and identifying gaps.  The times are estimated and can be flexed, but please be conscientious of those actively responding and let's make good use of their time.

Agenda:
1:00 - Call to Order (Please write your name, organization, and contact information into the chat area)
1:05 - Current Incident Report from State/FEMA
1:25 - Reports from Agencies Currently Responding
1:40 - Updates from other Agencies (Current preparations and plans, etc.)
1:50 - Questions and Identifying and Addressing Gaps
1:55 - Schedule Next Meeting
2:00 - Adjourn

Daniel Wilcox is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Alaska VOAD Meeting - Western Alaskan Storms
Time: Sep 20, 2022 01:00 PM Alaska

Join Zoom Meeting
https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/95972474169

Meeting ID: 959 7247 4169
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,95972474169#

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782

Thanks for all that you're doing!

Daniel Wilcox

Oct 4, 2022, 6:01:45 PM10/4/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, Reg...@mds.org, caro...@weekofcompssion.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, garry...@fema.dhs.gov
Thank you all for joining our call - and for all you're doing for the folks in Western Alaska!

Here is the updated Event Specific Directory:   AKVOAD - Western Alaska Storms - event directory.docx

If you weren't able to join us, the recording of the meeting is here:  https://greaternw.zoom.us/rec/share/in0iR--_Y9X3yWV4t2fAFzYijU11ONxmjdqGD4KBaCJZTIOV8-5ZIXGQ3-tiS3Q.uvGFqU39gcr11Azs
Passcode: c%6jqAuA

Also, though we didn't mention it, we will plan again to be meeting next Tuesday at 1:00pm by Zoom.

Thank you all for what you are doing!
Dan Wilcox

Rev. Daniel P. Wilcox

Daniel Wilcox

Oct 10, 2022, 6:58:33 PM10/10/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, Reg...@mds.org, caro...@weekofcompssion.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, garry...@fema.dhs.gov
Greetings all!

Please see the below invitation to our meeting for tomorrow (10/11 at 1:00pm).  Our process will be similar as we hear from the State and FEMA, from any agencies responding, and then work to identify gaps or questions.  Please let me know if you have any specific  questions or concerns that need to be addressed.

Thank you all for your hard work!
Dan Wilcox

Daniel Wilcox is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Alaska VOAD Meeting - Western Alaskan Storms
No Password Necessary if joining through the below link.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://greaternw.zoom.us/j/95972474169

Meeting ID: 959 7247 4169
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,95972474169# US

Dial by your location
        +1 253 215 8782
Meeting ID: 959 7247 4169

Daniel Wilcox

Oct 11, 2022, 9:00:37 PM10/11/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, Reg...@mds.org, caro...@weekofcompssion.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, garry...@fema.dhs.gov
Greetings all!
Thank you for all the work you're doing, and for joining the meeting this afternoon.  I'm including the link for the recording of the meeting and attaching the minutes taken by Bill Watson (Thanks Bill).

Passcode: *5%G%M&j

Here is the updated Event Specific Directory:   AKVOAD - Western Alaska Storms - event directory.docx

Thanks all,

Jenni Ragland

Oct 18, 2022, 3:08:53 PM10/18/22
to Daniel Wilcox, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, Reg...@mds.org, caro...@weekofcompssion.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, garry...@fema.dhs.gov

Good afternoon, friends

After talking with Dan Wilcox, we will be pushing our weekly VOAD call, which would have been tomorrow, to Tuesday, October 25, our regular monthly meeting. A brief summary with updates from the Mass Care Feeding Task Force and the Mass Care Task Force are both attached.

An Alaska based Mennonite Disaster Response work crew is deploying to begin emergency repairs to homes in Hooper Bay this week. Additional teams from Mennonites and UMCOR will deploy over the next several weeks to support this work. We are grateful for their willing service and the State’s support in coordinating details.

Additionally, a list of current needs is provided below for your consideration for the congregate shelters still operating in Hooper Bay and Golovin.  There are options to purchase items in the community, which is likely easiest, if they have what is needed. Otherwise, we are asking your help to assist with supplies or funds to help purchase and/or ship to these communities. This could be through congregational support or your disaster programs. If you can help, please reply to Alan Budahl, Daniel Wilcox and myself.

Golovin Shelter (20 persons):

  • Fresh produce
  • Fresh fruit
  • Onions
  • 25 cu ft freezer (in process of being purchased; need funds for shipping)
  • Heavy duty trash bags (for wet/damaged insulation)

Hooper Bay Shelter (2 shelters; 21 persons):

  • Chicken
  • Pork chops
  • Beef
  • Canned Milk
  • Powdered Milk
  • Cream of Mushroom soup
  • Tortillas
  • Canned pears (not #10 size)
  • Individual applesauce cups
  • Produce: Oranges, potatoes, carrots
  • Low sodium Spam
  • Bottled water
  • Rubber gloves (size l)
  • Tissues
  • Toilet paper
  • Bowls
  • Styrofoam cups (case)
  • Diapers (size 5, 6)
  • Wipes (baby and sanitizing)

We can request food via USDA/School Lunch program to meet some of this need, but it could take up to 2 weeks to get to community...and we don’t have any sense today whether sheltering will still be needed at that point.

Thanks again, for your on-going support of this response and recovery effort. We’ll soon begin conversation about long-term needs and establishing a long-term recovery group.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to myself, Alan Budahl or Dan Wilcox.

P. S. – Happy birthday to Dan!

10-13-2022 AK Feeding TF Call Notes.docx
10-13-2022 MCTF Call Notes.pdf

Daniel Wilcox

Oct 25, 2022, 1:41:48 PM10/25/22
to Jenni Ragland, akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, amanda.b...@redcross.org, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, rebecc...@teamrubiconusa.org, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, McGovern, Theodore J (Chaplain) COL USARMY NG AKARNG (USA), Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Fisher, Bryan J (MVA), Ramsey, John C (MVA), Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Matthews, David H, Sylvia Heinz, Aronen, Christopher, Kelley Biastock, MDS Region4, caro...@weekofcompssion.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, garry...@fema.dhs.gov
Greetings all!

While Jenni Ragland will be joining us this afternoon, she may be a few minutes late, so I offered to send the invite as well as chair again, at least initially.  This is our regular monthly meeting in addition to updates on the Western Alaskan Storm Response.

Our Agenda:

Welcome/Introductions

Treasurer Report

Announcements/NVOAD Update:            Jenni Ragland/Daniel Wilcox

COAD Updates:                                            NARVOAD

                                                                        Mat-Su COAD

State Partner Updates:                                  John Ramsey

Regional/Federal Partner Updates:          Chris Aronen, FEMA Region X

WEST COAST STORM UPDATES:

  • Long-Term sheltering/feeding assistance
  • Emergency Repair Crews
  • Long-Term recovery process
  • Questions/Comments

ADJOURNMENT