Alaska VOAD Meeting - RESCHEDULED TO MAY 2,2023

Jenni Ragland

Apr 25, 2023, 11:47:03 AM4/25/23
to akv...@googlegroups.com, Arctic Training Center, 2bb...@gmail.com, Mccann, Erin, Stovall, Joseph C, Dave Kuiper, Jim Baldwin, bryan.c...@redcross.org, Robert Russell, bode...@gmail.com, kevind...@gmail.com, Mimzy Wellberg, princessw...@msn.com, Lesli Remaly, Kelly Isham, rbrit...@sprynet.com, Ramsey, John C (MVA, Tonnessen, Britt, Clarice Esquilla, Rachel Alford, desiree....@alaska.gov, Reg...@mds.org, Steve Wiest, Wood, Teresa, Daniel Wilcox, Becky Stoppa, Gary Bearce, Boatman, Bethny, Jim Kincaid, Halawa-Bill Watson, mds.cent...@gmail.com, li...@alaskasilc.org

Good morning:

I want to apologize for the late notice, but as we have several key VOAD leadership traveling or attending trainings, we will be postponing today’s AKVOAD meeting until next Tuesday, May 2, at 1:00 PM. A separate meeting invite will be sent for next week’s meeting.

In the meantime, a few quick updates to share:

  • There has been a gap identified in the community of Teller, Alaska, for several items due to an on-going water shortage. These items include: sanitizing wipes (for hand washing and diapering), paper plates, plastic silverware and disposable cups. If you have resources to contribute or would like to share within your faith/professional network, please feel free to do so.

  • Long-Term Recovery (Typhoon Merbok):  Alaska VOAD and its partners are continuing to coordinate with our State/FEMA partners to help identify potential rebuild/repair projects for this summer season. Several partners have identified construction teams that will be deploying to identified communities in May to help support needs and develop a plan of support, as needed. We are also hoping to send trained case managers to help with non-construction related issues/questions if we can identify these individuals.

As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks for your understanding.

Blessings,

Jenni Ragland

Service Extension & Emergency Disaster Services Director

The Salvation Army Alaska Division

907-339-3440

https://alaska.salvationarmy.org